Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacketed brite or in walk in

Hi,

I was hoping to find out if there is an advantage/disadvantage either way for having a jacketed brite tank or having the brite tank in a walk in cooler. Is one option better than the other. I am looking at getting some 5 bbl brites.

Thanks

Mark

Originally posted by mark_g
    Hi,

I was hoping to find out if there is an advantage/disadvantage either way for having a jacketed brite tank or having the brite tank in a walk in cooler. Is one option better than the other. I am looking at getting some 5 bbl brites.

Thanks

Mark
    Not jacketed is cheaper but spending any amount of time in the cold room absolutely sucks IMO, so personally I'd spend the extra money to just stay out of that room. I know of a brewery that used a single head bottle filler inside the cold room and would do 8 hour bottling runs with that setup. If that's not torture, I don't know what is?

Comment

I have my jacketed bright in the cooler, for energy savings and reduction of sweating, as it is not double clad. I love the bright cause I can fine into it, and top off the carbonation at reasonable pressures. Kegs and bottles are much easier to fill at 33 deg. I just have an access hole in the cooler wall to run the beer line outside cooler so I can keg in the brewery, and it allows me to transfer beers with the door closed.

Comment

Working...
      X