Credit Card Acceptence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Credit Card Acceptence

I have a tasting room where I will accept credit cards and there are many options out there to take credit cards.

I would like to hear from those that take credit cards what card processor do you use?

Trae

Ipad

We have been using Square on the iPad for 2 months. It works really well except it doesn't have the ability to have open tabs. We keep track on guest checks on paper and then ring it up on Square when they are ready to check out. It requires a specific printer and cash drawer though. Customers think it is way cool.

Comment

You may wish to check out this recent thread regarding point-of-sale systems:
      Kevin Shertz
      Chester River Brewing Company
      Chestertown, MD

Comment

Thanks ChesterBrew for the link. I searched but guess I used the wrong search words.

It seems square is popular. I have looked at square and a merchant account with my bank. I will look at square again.

Comment

Originally posted by TCC
          Thanks ChesterBrew for the link. I searched but guess I used the wrong search words.
          Hey, no problem... happens to me all the time. The best we can do is help one another!
          Kevin Shertz
          Chester River Brewing Company
          Chestertown, MD

Comment

Not just one answer: There are a slew of options currently. Ultimately, you will need to consider three costs:
            -Processing costs
            -Acquiring costs
            -Interchange(major CC companies): You can select what CC you want to accept and those you do not.

The solution that you will use will dictate the overall costs. Worth analyzing as the three above costs can shave a lot of dollars off your margins.

Send me a private post to provide further details. Our company has a lot of experience in the matter.

Cheers - JJ
            Brewers Consortium
            craftgpo.com

Comment

We first planned to use Square at our taproom, but ended up going with a full POS option for the ipad called POS Lavu which integrates with traditional credit card processors.

The square is great for other uses, but for us the biggest downsides were the lack of a tab system and having to be present when the customer enters tip (or leaving an ipad unattended at a table). Also, if you have a table of 5 who all wants to pay separately, that means passing the ipad around the table one at a time.

Square would work great if you were doing growler fills only, but if you plan on selling pints and or food as well, we found it to be under-powered.

Comment

CC Processing

Hello,

I work for Lavu iPad POS.

We offer cc payment options through our iPad point of sale solution. Mercury Processing is a solid option, as well as Bridgepay as a gateway. Heartland Processing is also a strong option. I have heard good things about these processors. Our customers are very happy with them. Taking payments, pre-auths (which are used for starting tabs), and tip adjustments are easily done on customer's iPads.
                Last edited by dmiles1983; 02-09-2015, 03:48 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

Working...
                X