Thread: Any contract breweries for hire in TX?

Any contract breweries for hire in TX?

We, like so many other awesome people, are in startup mode, and we are looking to contract our first year or so of production while we build our brewery. Are there any breweries interested in brewing for us for a short while?

I have contacted 10 of the closest-ish breweries to us, and all of them say they are running above capacity and/or expanding.

Make that near Texas, further research informs me that it is illegal in Texas.

contract brewing

Contract brewing is illegal with the TABC. There are hoops to jump through. It can be done, but it has to be done by the same way rich peeps save their money!

actionjackson88@gmail.com

I actually spoke with TABC about this the other day. It is "sortof" illegal. As long as we have our own brewer's permit, which we will, we can have beer contract brewed for us.

We are really only looking to contract out our beer for a year, or maybe 2, while we build the brewery.

Thank you for your input. You are right, there are some hoops to jump through.

Downeasy, I would be very careful about advice you get from some employees of TABC. I have had several conversations over the years with some "agents" that do no know the laws in detail. While one says this, the other says that. Ultimately, its your tail that will pay the price if you are doing something that violates code, not the TABC agent that told you false information.

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Contract Brewing

Did you find someone?

My understanding is that Texas breweries that have been around for a while like Real Ale and Live Oak are still able to legally do contract brewing but breweries that have opened more recently are prohibited from engaging in contract brewing.

Real Ale (brewing Alamo) and St. Arnold (brewing BJ's) are "grandfathered." They had contracts in effect before that change was made.

"Beer for the Greater Good"