Pump Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump Question

Sorry if this has been answered but I could not find a thread on it.

I am looking for a pump that I can use in Keg washing/sanitizing and CIP of 3bbl tanks. Down the road possibly use for transferring beer.

I see many centrifuge pumps for $1500 and up. But I have also seen pumps under $1000 as this one

Looking for DAYTON, 1/2 hp Horsepower (Max), Centrifugal Pump? Find it at Grainger.com®. With over one million products and 24/7 customer service we have supplies and solutions for every industry.

So what is the difference in quality?

Would the pump (in link) be a good choice for cleaning/sanitizing kegs and tanks?

What should you look for in a pump?

You should get something that has a TEFC (Totally enclosed fan cooled) housing. The one in the pic is Open Drip Proof, which is ok is you just spill some water on it, but not for really getting wet.

If you ever plan on transferring beer, you will want something sanitary with tri-clamps.

Ours is 2 HP and it works great for CIP on our 3 BBL tanks, but you could probably go a little less on the hp, but the price isn't that different.

We bought something like this:

http://www.toplineonline.com/index.p...search&xsearch[0]=Pumps&query=category.like.Pumps&srctype=detail&ba ck=topline&refno=116&submenu=Sanitary Centrifugal Pumps
    Chris Enegren
    www.enegrenbrewing.com

Comment

Thanks CaptainEBC.

So the pump I have linked is ok to use for cleaning and sanitizing? May not be so good for transfer of beer.

The link you posted does not come up with any pump. If possible can you re-post the link?

Comment

your original link also says that pump is discontinued....
        Scott LaFollette
        Fifty West Brewing Company
        Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by yap
          your original link also says that pump is discontinued....
          Correct. A local shop that sells pumps have one. They will sell for $100. I thought that was a good deal but want to make sure it will work for cleaning application.

Comment

Working...
          X