Brewer Needed - San Diego
Karl Strauss Brewing Company is looking for an experienced Brewer to join our Brewery team. The Brewer is responsible for all aspects of beer production, from beginning to end. This includes brewing, cellar operations, filtration, cleaning and sanitation and maintenance of plant equipment.
Essential Functions & Duties
• Efficiently operates all brewing equipment at the Main Brewery including the brew house, filters, kegging machine, cleaning equipment, milling equipment, and all other support equipment in the brewery.
• Monitors fermentation; cleaning and sanitizing tanks, and yeast management.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Know and love beer.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At minimum, two years experience working in a brewery.
• Able to work basic computer programs such as MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Mechanical aptitude required and experience working with small tools
• Clean DMV record.
Very heavy work: Employee typically shares workstations with others in similar positions. Time spent conducting sedentary work is less than 10%. Requires walking, standing, and/or driving for more than 90% of the workday. Lifting objects in excess of 100 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
• Non-slip shoes with reinforced toes are required to be worn at all times while in the brewery.
• Chemical resistant gloves and/or boots are required to be worn at all times while working with chemicals.
• Hearing protection and safety glasses are required to be worn in certain areas of the brewery.
• Requires frequent trips up and down stairs, bending, stooping, and/or twisting, and mobile dexterity to manipulate small tools and machinery.
If interested please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, attn: BREW412. For more information regarding Karl Strauss Brewing Company visit our website at www.karlstrauss.com.
Last edited by Karl Strauss; 04-11-2012 at 12:47 PM.