Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bond for TTB - With Application or After?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bond for TTB - With Application or After?

I'm a little confused and hoping someone can clarify:

Is the brewers bond required at the time of brewers notice application, or do/can I wait to get the bond until after submission.

Either way is fine, but if I can hold off such that the annual bond renewal is closer to the date of licensure, it seems silly to not wait.

Thanks for the info!

Bond

Your application won't be accepted by the TTB without the Bond. Basically, you will get an incomplete response and given 15 days to fix it so you might as well submit with the application.

Nick

Comment

got it. thanks!

Comment

Just did this...

We submitted 3 weeks ago, and went with The Hartford for our bond. It's $100 a year.
        Did the online submittal with a copy of the bond. MAKE SURE to send them a wet signature copy you receive, otherwise you'll get a friendly email asking where it is...

Rich
        Triplehorn Brewing Co
        Woodinville, WA
        Rich Nesheim
        Triplehorn Brewing Co.
        Woodinville, WA

Comment

thanks!

10char

Comment

bond

I submitted my bond a few weeks before I completed/submitted my ttb paperwork. it was a cash bond and a check to the ttb.

Comment

Surety Bond

I went the same route as Rich_Ness, and purchased a surety bond through The Hartford. $100 expense, and it was ready within one business day. I mailed the TWO required wet ink copies the following day with the cover sheet generated by the online system.
              Last edited by AMS0286; 04-18-2012, 01:40 PM.
              Aaren M. Simoncini
              The Beer'd Brewing Co. LLC
              22 Bayview Ave. Unit # 15
              Stonington, CT. 06378
              Aaren@beerdbrewing.com

Comment

thanks for the info! good to know i need two wet ink copies. i didn't know that... just let my agent know that i'll need two!

Comment

Working...
                X