What you are saying makes no sense.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What you are saying makes no sense.

The Ferrari you’ve been drooling over is not an “Italy” sports car. It’s an Italian sports car.
    The bread you had with dinner last night wasn’t “France” bread. It was French bread.
    Monty Python didn’t spoof the “Spain” inquisition; they made us laugh at the Spanish Inquisition.

Belgium is a nation state in Europe. The people living there and the products they produce are Belgian. The beer is Belgian. It is a Belgian beer. The style is Belgian. It’s a Belgian ale yeast.

It’s not a Belgium Ale, or a Belgium yeast.
    That would be like saying an England Porter or a Germany lager.

Mmmmm...Germany Lager.

It's a fair cop.

Bill

Comment

Haha! What started all this?

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

Just one of those little things that's been bugging me. I see it fairly often and people even talk that way.

I think I'll also start a campaign against the abbreviations "u" and "ur" as well as use of the word "your" when the person actually means "you're".

Comment

Relax, have a homebrew.

"Beer for the Greater Good"

Comment

I'll relax and I'm generally drinking something, but I'll ...never give in; never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy (Thank you Mr. Churchill)

Cheers,

Jeff

Comment

Selkirk can't have a homebrew LOL Selkirk is not a hombrewer Brewing the first batches in 2 weeks

Fred
              Executive brewer
              Laughing Dog Brewing

Comment

Dusseldorf...ian - style Alt Bier

Comment

And, thus, why the fastest growing craft beer style is known as Indian Pale Ale!

And why Samuel Adams Bostonian Lager is often cited as an example of a Viennese Lager.
                  Last edited by jesskidden; 04-14-2012, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jesskidden
                    And, thus, why the fastest growing craft beer style is known as Indian Pale Ale!

And why Samuel Adams Bostonian Lager is often cited as an example of a Viennese Lager.
                    I'm partial Viennese sausages.
                    Cheers!
                    David R. Pierce

Comment

Thanks Selkirk! It's been a pet peeve of mine for a while.. The other thing that drive me absolutely nuts is black IPAs, how can you have a black pale?

Comment

Originally posted by csZ
                        Thanks Selkirk! It's been a pet peeve of mine for a while.. The other thing that drive me absolutely nuts is black IPAs, how can you have a black pale?
                        Is this what is behind the whole "Cascadian Ale" thingee? Because you can have black pale? How about Cascadian Light Ale?
                        Last edited by HinduKush; 04-17-2012, 12:08 PM.
                        Cheers!
                        David R. Pierce

Comment

Well Black IPA sure beats cascadian dark ale !!!
                          American Style Indaia Black ale or American Style black ale are the best

Fred
                          Laughing Dog

Comment

Not trying to high-jack the thread so I apologize if I have but Black IPA and CDA (cascadian dark ale) are the same thing, just CDAs come from the Northwest. I like the sound of CDA better than Black IPA for 2 reasons 1) It helps define the northwest brewing region and 2) a black pale is all kinds of wrong

Cheers

Comment

Haha, I like the post and the same things irk me as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X