Custom/Odd size Triclamp Fitting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom/Odd size Triclamp Fitting

I have a mash tun that is dish bottomed. It has a center outlet that is a triclamp fitting. The issue is the size of the fitting. It falls somewhere between 2 and 3 inches, so neither the two or three inch concentric reducers that I purchased fit it. Does anyone know of a manufacturer/supplier that would provide me with a custom size or already has triclamp fittings available between two and three inches? As always, thanks for any help you can provide.
    Aaren M. Simoncini
    The Beer'd Brewing Co. LLC
    22 Bayview Ave. Unit # 15
    Stonington, CT. 06378
    Aaren@beerdbrewing.com

The simple solution first - It may be 2.5 inches. Either measure it or order a 2.5 inch to 2 inch tri-clamp reducer like this: http://breweryparts.com/index.php/fi...tric-tc-7.html

If it is some non- "US Standard" size you might be better off getting a welder to cut it out and replace it with a butt weld to triclamp fitting of your choosing.

You can get them here:

Comment

Tunnel Vision

I had a total case of tunnel vision on this one, I'm pretty sure that the 2.5 inch fitting is what I'm looking for. It wasn't on the list of fittings the supplier I was ordering from provides, so it must not exist right? Thanks Fa50driver!
      Aaren M. Simoncini
      Stonington, CT. 06378
      Aaren@beerdbrewing.com

Comment

sanitary fitting sizes

There is a high probability that it is a 2.5 inch if it was manufactured here in the US, but there are a variety of sizes out there that are very common in other countries. I learned that lesson after custom ordering a tank directly from a Chinese manufacturer. The tri-clamp standard fittings that were installed were not what I had expected from my "North American-centric" understanding of "standard fittings." The 6 inch bottom port is somewhere around 6.75 inches. I believe it is an "Imperial Sch 5" 6 inch fitting or something. Page 3 of this link shows some of the possibilities:

Comment

Fantastic information! Thank you
          Aaren M. Simoncini
          Stonington, CT. 06378
          Aaren@beerdbrewing.com

Comment

Working...
          X