Brewery Manager/Brewer Needed to Join our TEAM!
The Pelican Pub & Brewery, located 22 miles south of Tillamook on the majestic Oregon Coast, has become a Northwest landmark for craft beer and fine food enthusiasts. The oceanfront facility includes an outdoor patio and banquet room with unobstructed views of Cape Kiwanda and Haystack Rock. Celebrating its 16th year in Pacific City, the Pelican has created countless masterpieces such as Kiwanda Cream Ale, which was named to DRAFT Magazine’s Top 25 Beers in the World of 2008, 2009 and 2010. Other award-winning brews include India Pelican Ale, MacPelican’s Scottish-Style Ale, Tsunami Stout and Doryman's Dark. The three-time Great American Beer Festival “Brewpub of the Year” winner will produce 3,000 barrels of beer in 2012 in our 15 barrel system, for distribution throughout Oregon and Washington. Check us out at www.PelicanBrewery.com
• Full-time Position requiring weekend hours and some evenings
• Will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of brewery operations and the brewery team
• This position will report to the Owner/Brewmaster
• Oversees all brewing operations including: day-to-day process issues, recipe management, operating policies, procedures, quality, release parameters, beer distribution network, sales team, events and safety policies.
• Prepares schedules for brewing, beer transfer, packaging and staffing.
• Sources, orders and maintains inventory of all raw materials for beer production and packaging.
• Oversees functionality and maintenance of all brewing equipment, CIP equipment, water delivery equipment, and sewer related systems.
• Examines samples and coordinates with the laboratory team.
• Assists with the development of new products including recipes, descriptions, standard costs and revision controls.
• Participating in developing the overall growth strategy of the brewery.
• Hiring, training and performance management of the brewery team.
• Oversees budgets, expenditures, usage, receipts and inventories.
•Step into production as needed.
•Attend and work beer/brewery events as needed.
• Must have a passion for great beer
• Attention to detail
• Very high level of brewing skill and knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Must have a sense of humor
• Must be punctual, able to multi-task and manage time.
• Must be able to demonstrate a strong work ethic.
• Must be physically fit and able to stand for 8 – 10 hours per day, lift 55 lb over your head, climb stairs and able work in close quarters.
• Must be fork lift certified
• Excellent communication skills and leadership ability
• Ability to effectively manage a team, keeping them motivated and happy
• Ability to manage multiple tasks
• Ability to trouble shoot equipment
• Willingness to work flexible and extended hours
• Solid computer skills (Office: word, excel, powerpoint)
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 55 pounds
Education & Experience
Our ideal candidate will have 3 - 5 years professional brewing experience, ideally in a supervisory role. A bachelor’s degree and/or certificate from the Institute and Guild of Brewing (or a comparable education) is preferred.
This is a salaried management position - pay range will depend upon qualifications and experience. Please send cover letter and resume via email as well as salary requirements to: SSW@Nestuccaridge.com