Rinnai VS Rheem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rinnai VS Rheem

Any suggestions as to which is the best to go with? Need a propane tankless water heater.

Ian
    Santiam Brewing

Takagi or Noritz is what we have been using.
    Capable of recirculation... which means you don't have to put all of that hot recovery water down the drain...

Comment

rinnai and norwitz are the only ones capable of 170 degree plus temps. i believe.

Comment

rheems

We have two Rheems in parallel. They go to 180 degrees with the add-on controller, so far so good. They were priced better than noritz or rinnai.

Comment

Rinnais can go to 180F as well but you need the commercial controllers. We have two in parallel that work well.

Comment

Learned something new. Yes, it looks like the Rheem RTG-84 and RTG-95 are a good deal around $720-800 for one. capable of 185f. just add the $24 conversion kit, RTG20216.

I think that's what I'm gonna do.

nor-111 $1500
            rc98 $1100 plus commerical controller $100
            rtg-95 $800 plus conversion kit $24

Comment

The Price is Right!

I found the Rheem RTG-95DVP listed for $847 on MightyProductsUSA.com, they are also offering free shipping!
              Aaren M. Simoncini
              The Beer'd Brewing Co. LLC
              22 Bayview Ave. Unit # 15
              Stonington, CT. 06378
              Aaren@beerdbrewing.com

Comment

Originally posted by AMS0286
                I found the Rheem RTG-95DVP listed for $847 on MightyProductsUSA.com, they are also offering free shipping!
                I have been using a Rheem for 5 years and it works great. Propane. 185F capable by adjusting a lock-out inside before installation. And if I remember correctly, it was manufactured by Rinnai.

Comment

How much propane do you go through

Capt. Bob - how much propane are you going through? Are they the outdoor grill type tanks? If so, how much do you get from these tanks?

Comment

rinnai

we use a rinnai in are brewery put it in a few months back best thing we ever did we have water from 110-185 with the commercial controller
                    we looked at all the others but my opinion is the rinnais have been on the market for some time you get what you pay for
                    we also got are's at a really good price retail we went to are local plumbing and electrical shop opened up an account and they got us every thing we need for whole sale price also we use natural gas too

Comment

Originally posted by grassrootsvt View Post
                      Takagi or Noritz is what we have been using.
                      Capable of recirculation... which means you don't have to put all of that hot recovery water down the drain...
                      Recirculation? Of recovery water from the HE? Care to elaborate a bit more on that? I'm opening a 7bbl brewpub w/o an HLT and using TWHs instead and am looking for any creative way to save the recovery water.
                      Dave Cowie
                      Three Forks Bakery & Brewing Company
                      Nevada City, CA

Comment

Working...
                      X