TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR CAREER
The best people are the best ingredients for our world class company. Add yourself to the mix at Samuel Adams Pennsylvania Brewery Company (SAPB) in Breinigsville, PA. Our brewery has an immediate opportunity for Brewing Operators
We have added additional Brewing Operator positions to the Brewing Department. These positions are being added to assist with staffing demands as we move forward with several projects. Once the projects are complete, and if these positions are no longer required, they will be transitioned into other open positions within the brewery.
This position reports to the Brewing Manager and is responsible for monitoring and carrying out brew house, fermenting, filtration, blending processes and operations. Candidates must be a self-starter willing to accept “operational responsibility” as well as willing to work any shift including weekends.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Brewing/Blending Operator responsibilities include monitoring and directly managing the Brew house, Fermenting, Filtration and Blending processes and operations. Involves recording, troubleshooting, temperature and flow monitoring, communication, supplying lines with material or product, line cleaning, sanitation, and foaming.
- Sanitation involves the complete cleaning of all the equipment within the facility. Foaming equipment, hoses, brooms, shovels, brushes, scrapers, squeegees and numerous chemicals are necessary to sanitize the designated site.
- Must be able to work in a team oriented and “Safety First” environment. Safely, efficiently and effectively work to attain department and brewery goals and objectives. Must wear respirators, and all safety and sanitation equipment as required and follow all GMP guidelines.
- Unloading of material for Brewing and Blending processing which may include rail cars, trucks, totes, drums, pallets, etc.
- Communicate with coworkers by phone and radio. Must carry radio as required.
- Operate forklifts as required.
- Perform Quality checks, testing, and complete paperwork as required.
- Must be able to make equipment and product changeovers using tools as needed.
- Assist other operators and departments in training, repair work and equipment operation as needed.
- Must work and clean in confined space areas such as tanks and vessels.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma and applicable technical knowledge required.
- Ability to build and maintain positive working relationships with all team peers and customers.
- Must be available to support shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent problem solving/troubleshooting ability
- Experience with participative leadership and time management.
- Ability to be flexible and shift priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Self-starter, proactive.
- Demonstrated ability to be successful in a collaborative team environment.
- Highly effective multi-tasker; resourceful with a “get-it-done, can-do” attitude.
- Proficient with Computer systems including MS Outlook. Must be able to learn and accurately utilize brewery operation system.
- Ability to endure on a daily basis, excessive walking, standing, kneeling, crouching, lifting (excess of 60lbs), twisting, climbing, reaching
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, climb flights of stairs, work from elevated areas, and wear a respirator and/or hearing protection when required by the job.
- Requires full range of body motion including handling and lifting, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination sufficient to operate hand tools and industrial machinery such as a truck or fork-lift areas and is usually loud. Occasionally work from elevated areas (ladders, platforms, and others as required)
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
- Must be available to support 12 hour shift, weekend and holiday schedules as required.
Samuel Adams provides a variety of great benefits to our employees including excellent healthcare benefits, discount stock purchase plan, 401K program with a generous company match, and a competitive compensation package.
Interested candidates should apply on our website at www.samueladams.com.