Crazy Mountain Brewing Company Seeking Head Brewer
As one of Colorado’s fastest growing craft brewery’s we are hiring a head brewer to take us past the 15,000 BBL/yr mark. The ideal candidate will have great passion for craft beer and a desire to innovate while maintaining the highest levels of quality and brand integrity.
This position is responsible for providing outstanding leadership. You should be passionate about craft brewing, inspiring others, coaching, and delivering the best products possible while maintaining, and constantly striving to expand a profitable environment. You must possess strong skills in all technical aspects of brewing and maintain high standards of facility management, including brewery sanitation, safety and quality control.
- Build, lead, inspire and maintain a strong team culture.
- Manage the production side of our process. Must be able to forecast and plan production out 30 days based off of sales forecasts.
- Maintain written facility policies, beer production standards and procedures.
- Help to maintain and implement a successful lab & QA/QC protocol.
- Create, adhere, and regularly report facility budgets.
- Maintain a harmonious team environment with production staff.
- Recruit, train, and develop staff, provide coaching, counseling, and discipline as needed.
- Prepare and perform annual reviews of all brewers.
- Prepare shift schedules for all production staff based on production needs.
- Maintain building and equipment using proper operating, cleaning, and preventive maintenance procedures.
- Maintain acceptable inventory of raw and finished goods.
- Conduct weekly management meetings.
- Establish and lead regular tasting panel for product evaluation and staff development.
- Participate in festivals and promotional events.
- Assist in future planning for growth, which may include design of new facility.
- Continually research industry developments.
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a production brewery environment.
- Degree/Coursework with an accredited Brewing School a plus (Siebel, UCD, IBD, etc.)
- Experience managing a staff of 10+ members, including exceptional communication skills.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills.
- Fundamental knowledge of plumbing and machinery.
- Excellent industry knowledge, including sensory analysis.
- Sustainability and conservation to be of the highest importance in processes.
Please Email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com