Label Approval for Brewpubs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Label Approval for Brewpubs

Hey, I was just recently approved for my Brewer's Notice. I am having some trouble figuring out what and how to file my label approval. I signed up for COLA online, and it says it can take up to 30 days for a turn around? Anyone have issues with that? Also, do brewpubs have to submit labels every time we do a single batch beer? How do we get around this? How does this work?

Thanks!
    Nick Tanner
    Head Brewer/Founder
    Cherry Street Brewing Cooperative
    Cumming, GA
    www.cherrystreetbrewing.com

And does anyone know of companies or templates for keg collar labels? Design and/or printing?
    Nick Tanner
    Head Brewer/Founder
    Cherry Street Brewing Cooperative
    Cumming, GA
    www.cherrystreetbrewing.com

Comment

Labels

S&M Printing in San Diego should help.

Comment

Unless things have changed from a few years ago, you only need label approval for anything going into a container like a can or bottle.
        You should have a good relationship with a brewpub in your state, so you can pick their brain. Promise them free food when they visit when you are open.
        Most brewers will share knowledge just to help out.
        Mike Lanzarotta
        Commercial Real Estate Broker
        finding space for breweries in Southern California
        former owner and brewer, Crown City Brewery, Pasadena CA

Comment

Also, federal label approval is usually only for beverage to be sold outside of your state. If you are only selling within the state you only need to meet your state and/or local label requirements. In the case of us in Illinois, the state has no approval process, but requires our federal label approval. I know several brewers who seldom have to fill out label approvals though.
          Beejay
          Pipeworks Brewing Company

Comment

Working...
          X