Devils Backbone is Seeking a Pathfinder in Virginia
Pathfinder for Richmond, Washington DC, Arlington, Alexandria and VA Beach
Devils Backbone Pathfinders are the front line sales representatives for our award winning brewing company. Pathfinders are responsible for increasing the level of consumer and distributor awareness and education about our beers, as well as overall sales results. Pathfinders are charged with the daily management of sales and marketing in their territories by strategically managing relationships with distributors, retail accounts and any local sales personnel.
The detailed responsibilities of Devils Backbone Pathfinders include:
• Executing Devils Backbone’s Marketing Plan by enabling your assigned distributors to achieve Devils Backbone sales targets in their territories.
• Partnering with Distributors on a daily basis via ride with’s, attendance at sales meetings, promotional events, point-of-sale assistance and distributor education programs. It is your goal to become one of their key suppliers by helping them grow their business as we grow ours. You should know all the key personnel at your distributors.
• Communicate All Pertinent Sales, Marketing and Promotional Information Clearly and Comprehensively with your assigned distributors and act as the key contact and primary local representative of Devils Backbone Brewing Company.
• Establish Develop and Maintain Relationships with Key Retail Accounts, both on and off- premise, by providing all reasonable and legal brand support. It’s your job to help retailers be successful with our products. You should know the decision maker(s) at each of the top 50 on-premise and off-premise accounts in each of your distributors territories.
• Educate distributor personnel on key aspects of the Devils Backbone Brand, upcoming releases, promotional efforts and general craft beer knowledge. It’s not enough for you to be an expert on our beers, all of our distributor representatives should have a good working knowledge of Devils Backbone beers.
• Attend Sales Meetings at each distributor at least once a quarter and schedule quarterly meetings with each distributor to review results and plan upcoming months.
• Document and Submit paperwork related to all selling activities including daily ride-with summaries, weekly sales recaps, targets and plans and expense reports.
• Get Beer Lovers Excited About Devils Backbone!
Ideal candidates for this position will be:
• Passionate about Craft Beer
• Energetic, organized and motivated with a demonstrated ability to take the initiative
• A demonstrably capable craft beer sales person (2+ years of brewery or distributor sales experience or experience in the retail end of the market)
• Extremely Knowledgeable about the local craft market
• Technically capable, with a good working knowledge of MS Office Products
• An analytical thinker with basic data processing knowledge
• A superior communicator and a gregarious, outgoing public speaker
• Able to develop and maintain close relationships with distributors and retailers
• Open to a flexible and changing work schedule, including night and weekend work
• Willing to Travel (90% of the time)
• Living in or willing to move to Richmond, Arlington, Alexandria or Washington DC
• In possession of a valid drivers’ license and have reliable transportation
• Bachelor’s degree or high STRONLGY preferred, but not required
This position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
To apply: send a resume and cover letter explaining why you are right for the job to email@example.com