Weyerbacher Brewing Company is seeking a BREWER.
Weyerbacher Brewing Company is seeking a Brewer
Weyerbacher Brewing Company is a growing small brewery specializing in making inventive, flavorful beers. Production is expected to top 15K barrels in 2012, an increase of over 50%, and we are looking to add the right person to help us grow efficiently while maintaining a positive and fulfilling work environment. We are based in Easton, PA which is located approximately 90 minutes from both NYC and Philly.
Summary of Brewer Position
The most qualified candidate will become part the Weyerbacher Brewing Company team and will report directly to the Head Brewer. Brewers participate in all facets of brewhouse and cellar operations and including but not limited to wort production, yeast management, record keeping, and fermentation management.
• Degree in Fermentation Science or completion of brewing-science program
• Experience in a production brewery or brewpub a plus.
• Flexible work schedule: day, night and weekend shifts
• Strong communication, planning, and organizational skills
Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform wort production of 20+ styles of beer including 7 year-round styles to proper specification including but not limited to grist-preparation, mashing, graining out, and casting.
• Communicate efficiently with all brewery staff and management
• Maintain paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
• Perform quality control and quality assurance testing
• Actively find improvements for the beer and our processes
• Adhere to Safe Practices
• Must be willing to pitch in on tasks outside your key responsibilities
Abilities and Skills
• Must be able to lift 55 lbs and move 165 lbs occasionally
• Must be able to stand for 8-10 hours per day
• Must be competent with MS Office
• Must have excellent time management
• Must be able to operate a forklift
• Must be able to enjoy making great beer
Weyerbacher Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Compensation will be based on education and experience. Weyerbacher offers subsidized health insurance for employees along with vision and dental benefits. Weyerbacher also offers a retirement plan with matching funds, paid vacation, and paid holidays.
Please note that this job description is not definitive and may be modified to reflect changing needs.
Serious candidates should send resume to Chris Wilson at email@example.com.
No phone calls please!
Chris Wilson, Head Brewer
Weyerbacher Brewing Company
We will be taking resumes through the end of the week.