TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR CAREER…
The best people are the best ingredients for our World Class company. Add yourself to the mix at The Boston Beer Company.
Just like our beer is the result of the perfect mix to the finest ingredients and products, our world-class company is the result of the perfect combination of high quality talent. The Boston Beer Company is constantly looking to add “new ingredients” to increase the quality of our organization. That “new ingredient” could be you!
About the Opportunity
We are currently looking for a Brewing Supervisor at our Cincinnati brewery. The Brewing Supervisor is responsible for in-specification performance of all product streams at Boston Beer and complete supervision of hourly staff and production operation in accordance with plant policies and procedures. Also responsible for the development and maintenance of a system to assure that all brewing products manufactured by the Brewery meet customer specifications and achieve superior quality and reliability levels. Supervisor position will rotate through all shifts on a periodic schedule.
Ingredients To Be A Successful Brewing Supervisor:
- Lead the continuous improvement process within the brewery by being a team champion
- Insures GMP programs exceed expectations.
- Administer policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
- Manages/conducts quality checks, process audits, and monitors production reports to ensure adherence to BBC quality standard and performance.
- Supervise and review performance of direct reports and develop staff professionally and technically to meet goals.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.
- Ensure that employees assigned to your areas of responsibility have verifiable training and follow all Safety policies required for the processing. Observe workers and evaluate job activities to determine correct use of prescribed safety equipment and procedures.
- Update, maintain and develop technical procedures for all process steps. Develop verifiable training records for each employee assigned to your area of responsibility. Observe workers and evaluate job activities to determine correct use of proper process procedures and that quality standards are achieved.
- Update, maintain and develop CIP/cleaning procedures for all process equipment, pumps, valves, process lines and associated systems. Ensure all processing systems and equipment are maintained in the required level of sanitation.
- Manages and supervises the flow of materials and utilization of labor to ensure adequate production of required quality to fulfill production requirements.
- Inspects machinery, equipment, and working conditions to ensure compliance with occupational safety and health regulations.
- Manages an effective safety program, assures all employees are fully trained and continually monitors employees to verify that all safety policies and procedures are in compliance.
- Tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions and Hot and Cold room environments
To Be Mixed With:
- BS degree in Brewing, Engineering, Food Science or related field strongly preferred.
- Experience in a batch process environment and a working knowledge of all related processes strongly preferred.
- Proven leadership skills in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability and willingness to work on flexible schedule. Off-shift and weekends included.
- Competence in of Microsoft Excel, MS Word and MS Access.
- Knowledge of HACCP, GMPs, Process Improvement and Process Control.
And Served to You With...
A variety of benefits including extensive training programs, excellent healthcare, a discount stock purchase plan, a 401K program with a generous company match and a competitive compensation package.
Boston Beer Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to help ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who wish to request accommodation in the job application process can contact 888.800.2424 or email@example.com for assistance.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/p54jjq9
Last edited by bostonbeer; 06-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.