Inventory Manager - Flying Dog Brewery
Become part of the pack at Flying Dog Brewery! Located in Frederick MD, Flying Dog Brewery is dedicated to making remarkable beer and having a kick ass time doing it. How can you become part of this remarkable establishment? Read the below job description and if you meet the requirements apply ASAP!
We are currently recruiting for an Inventory Manager at the brewery in Frederick, MD.
Check us out at: www.flyingdogbrewery.com
Position: Inventory Manager – Frederick, MD
Summary: We are seeking a high-energy, positive-minded individual to join our team, take ownership of inventory management, and thrive in a dynamic, deadline driven manufacturing business. You should be the type of person that doesn’t shy away from challenges and stays calm under pressure. If you know about beer, like beer, would like to like beer, that will make it more fun in the long-run.
This position will ensure that inventory accounting processes are working in a timely and accurate manner, as well as developing improved inventory procedures where needed. This position is responsible for end of month closing procedures as they pertain to inventory.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A strong understanding of GAAP accounting theories and practices is required.
• Direct experience with cost accounting is strongly desired.
• Experience with standard costing, FIFO lot tracking, and bill of material creation a strong plus.
• Experience with general ledger inventory accounting for a manufacturing company is a must.
• Experience in process manufacturing a plus.
• Experience with vendors and purchasing desired.
• This person will be working closely with production, sales and marketing, the accounting team, warehouse, and senior management. The ability to clearly communicate across these departments is essential to success in this position.
• The ideal candidate will be a team player, who can demonstrate experience working collaboratively with other departments.
• Must have excellent proficiency in Excel and experience with accounting software programs; experience with Dynamic GP (Great Plains) strongly preferred; experience with SAP Business One a plus.
• Ability to prioritize and multi-task while staying organized is very important.
• 2 to 5 years relevant work history
• Bachelor’s Degree in finance or accounting is required.
• Inventory reporting and management,
• Reconciliation and analysis as well as coordinating with our purchasing manager for materials acquisition.
• Preparing inventory reports
• General ledger entries
• Orchestrating monthly physical inventory counts
• Investigating discrepancies, and filing production reports with the TTB (federal agency).
Salary: Salary will be commensurate with experience. We offer a benefits package that includes paid time off, health, dental and vision insurance, and 401k.
Interested? OK, here’s how it works. Send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org:
To those of who take your valuable time to apply for this position but don’t hear back from us, we want to say THANK YOU and we sincerely appreciate your interest in Flying Dog. We say this now, because we don’t believe in impersonal auto-responses and it’s not possible for us to send a personal thank you to each of you for applying.