Almanac Beer Sales Person
Almanac Beer Salesperson
Almanac Beer Co creates beers inspired by the agricultural and culinary cultures of Northern California. We are hiring a salesperson with a passion for craft beer and local, sustainable food to help us grow our business in California.
The sales position has an opportunity to help define the internal culture of an exciting and fast growing brewery breaking new ground in the craft beer industry. We are looking for a long-term partner with the vision and desire to help build an inspiring brand. Equity sharing will be considered for qualified candidates.
Candidates should have a minimum of 1-3 years of sales experience in the craft beer industry. Preference will be given to those with broader experience in marketing and/or distribution. Direct experience with Northern California markets and/or the Bay Area specifically is a big plus.
• Work with managing partners to oversee portfolio sales and distribution
• Assist in development and execution annual sales strategy and plan
• Manage current distributor relationships.
• Build long-term relationships with on- and off-premise retail accounts to increase presence across all channels: bar/tavern, restaurant, independent retail, specialty, chain, sports/entertainment venue, etc..
• Actively communicate and work side-by-side with wholesaler representatives including training them about our beers and brand
• Serve as lead point of contact for potential new accounts and all sales-related inquiries about Almanac Beer Co.
• Assist in development of annual marketing plan. Ensure sales and marketing strategies are aligned.
• Manage brand presence at major events and festivals
• Assist in running promotions including beer dinners, tastings, pint nights, festivals, specialty features, etc..
• Assist in development and distribution of point-of-sale materials
• Make regular sales reports to managing partners highlighting trends, key accounts and areas for improvement
• Forecast future sales growth as part of budgeting and expansion
• Provide monthly expense account reports
• Energetic, with a passion for locally sourced food, craft beer and meeting new people
• Organized, self-disciplined, detail oriented & sociable
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic industry
• Knowledgeable about craft beer and the beer business
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to communicate our message in an inspiring way
• Knowledgeable about beer and food pairing and sustainable/local agriculture
• Strong social media skills (Facebook, Twitter)
• Able to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
• Preference to those with a college degree or equivalent education/experience
• Has reliable transportation, valid driver's license and good driving record
• Vehicle insurance coverage that meets state minimum requirement
• Able to lift 50 pounds (seriously, kegs are heavy!)
Extra Points Awarded if you:
• are a coffee nerd
• are a homebrewer
• can name regional BBQ sauces by heart
Competitive base salary plus sales bonus and expense account. Equity sharing will be considered for qualified candidates.
To apply, please email an electronic copy of your resume (PDF, Word) and a cover letter to email@example.com