Fish Brewing Seeks Head Brewer
Fish Brewing seeks Head Brewer.
Fish Brewing Co. In Olympia Washington is looking for a person to lead our brew team in the develop and management of world class brewing . We are a quickly growing brewery in the beautiful pacific northwest.
Candidates Job Responsibilities
- Design, Brew, and uphold the exacting quality of world class beer.
- Train, Inspire, and manage a passionate crew
- Manage raw ingredient inventories, Cost of goods, and Contract/Forecast.
- Work with and Support the GM in Developing and implementing schedules.
- Manage and develop the Lab/QC dept. of our brewery.
- Development of better brew practices with the goal of making great consistent product efficiently.
We are a fast pace Production brewery with many moving parts and schedules. Head Brewer must be adaptive, resourceful, and passionate in the mission.
Minimum of an Associate's Degree in technical related field or a High School Diploma with five (5) years Brewing experience. and at least two (2) years of prior management and/or supervisory experience; preferably in a brewery environment.
*Must Have strong Knowledge and background in Production Brewing and Beer/fermentation science.
* Must have strong communication skills with good team dynamics and possess strong planning and organizational skills.
* Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Must be computer literate in spreadsheets and Microsoft Office.
* Must have a solid understanding of all aspects of brewing, cellaring, yeast handling, CIP and sanitizing.
* Must have a strong mechanical background with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve mechanical problems.
* Must have the ability to develop, execute and manage a brewery preventative maintenance (PM) program.
* Should have prior packaging, bottling and racking experience.
* Should have a good understanding of Lab Operations /Quality Assurance /Quality Control.
* Should have "hands on" leadership skills, with the ability to work within and lead as a part of a team.
* Should have inventory management experience; ordering raw materials and parts, recording and monitoring raw materials and parts in house.
* Should have the desire to learn and teach others.
* Should have a strong work ethic and the ability to multitask.
Compensation based on how good you are!! We offer benefits including PTO, Insurance, Holidays, and shift lunch at our brewpub across the street. Come join and help lead a great team!!!! Send resumes to Bshell@fishbrewing.com