Brewer Wanted - Brewery Ommegang
Brewery Ommegang is currently looking for a passionate, self-motivated, committed individual with brewing experience to join our growing team. Two years brewing experience and brewing or related science degree preferred.
- Perform daily job duties including, but not limited to: CIP, malt milling, operating brew house, wort transfers, yeast pitching, fermentation monitoring, filtration, general cleaning, beer tasting.
- Prepare filtered beer for packaging.
- Start up and shut down of packaging operations.
- Clean and sanitize packaging equipment (bottle/keg fillers).
- Perform minor maintenance tasks to ensure a smooth work schedule.
- Monitor essential facilities (i.e. steam boiler, water filters, etc.).
- Follow established procedures for cleaning & sanitizing.
- Follow established procedures for safe operation of all equipment.
- Provide a safe, clean environment for brewery tourists.
- Complete OSHA required training & comply with OSHA required policies (i.e. permit required confined spaces, lockout/tagout, etc).
- Monitor inventory of brewing/filtering supplies, etc.
- Cover night/weekend shifts when required.
- Maintain communication with supervisor to ensure a safe & effective work environment.
- To a limited extent, the following may be required: forklift operation, bottling line & packaging work, on & off site festival work, account visits, deliveries.
- 2 years brewing experience preferred
- Brewing or related science degree preferred
- Good Work Ethic
- Attention to detail
- In-house Forklift Certified – training will be provided
- Ability to continuously lift 40 lbs.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work flexible schedule when necessary – shift work required; some overtime may be required
- Must be team oriented
Resumes should be e-mailed to Cheri Quayle at Brewery Ommegang- Duvel Moortgat USA, email@example.com. Brewery Ommegang-Duvel Moortgat USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.