Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sourcing Equipment from China

Quote Originally Posted by gbough View Post
    I just bought a mill and 5 tanks from Sungood, I doubt the quality is an issue with a bit of research.

Two of our current tanks were bought from a seller in California, 99.9999% that they were sourced from China there were open welds everywhere.

We had them redone locally and have worked perfectly since then.

Ill try and keep you guys updated on timing and quality once we get out things.
    was this seller the one down in paso robles/ santa barbara area ? they seem to be taking the role of distributor in US.

Just to throw my two cents in....we are in the final stages (waiting on gas permits to plumb in gas) of setting up our 3 bbl system sourced and manufactured in China. We heard all the horror stories and actually budgeted money in to allow for changes post delivery. So far....<knocking on wood>....we've been surprised every step of the way with how well everything has turned out.

From the start, the manufacturer produced professional engineering/autocad drawings of our tanks not only to spec but to our exact space/location (we supplied the floorplan). They also produced mill certificates to ensure we got the stainless we paid for....the welding has passed the inspection on my master welder business partner...and all of our electronic/components/pumps are UL listed. There even have been some pleasant surprises along the way....like them including 60ft of brewery hose, german-made spunding valves and all pp-r (aka aquatherm) pipe for the glycol system.

My biggest complaint (so far) was the complete and utterly lack of documentation. The system showed up in a shipping container with 7...yes seven.... black and white photos on how to put the system together. The manufacturer did get us a wiring diagram for the PLC/control panel but it was a couple of long...patient....beer filled days sorting through parts on a banquet table to try and figure out how all the hard piping goes together to get all the tanks plumbed correctly.

Like I said...my two cents on my/our experience

Chinese equipment

If you would like more info regarding complete systems and/or fermenters, I rep for http://www.xstongda.com

They have been very easy to work with and have a very quick turn around time. They currently produce equipment under an
    American name for a far greater cost but it is identical, just brokered and re labeled.

I have been in the beer business for thirty years and have seen many terrible systems from China, so it took a great amount of
    convincing to get me to represent them.

In addition, we just started producing stills for distilling from our own designs.
    I have a new project with a million dollar plus budget for equipment and I will be purchasing much of the equipment from them, so
    I definitely believe in the quality.
    Bill Coffey
    billcoffey13@yahoo.com
    (209)743 6123
    Bill Coffey

Please email me with any questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjp9130 View Post
    We are novices at this whole thing. We are in the process of buying a building right now and are looking at starting a brewery in it by next spring if we can get permits that quickly. (Good lawyer will help I hope). We need to have equipment from what I understand to even apply for it in our state. So I have a master welder, with years of stainless experience, an excellent electrician already on staff at my real job and have logic controller experience with process equipment. I want to buy American but see the Chinese stuff so reasonably priced that even if we spent a bunch of time reworking flaws I still would be tens of thousands ahead. The plan would be to buy a bare bones rig and customize it ourselves. Tell me where I am crazy and shoot my plan full of holes.
    Thanks
    Bill Coffey
    Do Good Distillery
    Stanislaus Brewing
    billcoffey13@yahoo.com

I also rep for these guys and believe in their quality.

http://www.xstongda.com
    Bill Coffey

Quote Originally Posted by brain medicine View Post
    was this seller the one down in paso robles/ santa barbara area ? they seem to be taking the role of distributor in US.
    Yes the ones I bought in the US, have a listed Address in Paso Robles. Our latest order was bough directly from Sungood in China. They are supposed to ship in about a week or two.
    Last edited by gbough; 10-07-2017 at 03:59 PM.

Recently bought from China- please email me at emailtrevor@gmail.com if you still have questions. I visited the factory of Zhongde but didn't buy from them...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I neglected to add the "English friendly " link to Tongda

http://www.tdtanks.com

Any questions, please feel free to contact me. And, check out our prototype still as well.

Bill Coffey
    Stanislaus Brewing
    Do Good Distilling
    (209) 743 6123
    billcoffey13@yahoo.com
    Bill Coffey

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lee View Post
    Hi,
    It is a risky idea. I have some experience for you reference. Most of the beer tanks on USA market are from China. The USA distributors will have a factory in China for their tanks and also have very good quality control.
    Of course there are some margin when bring them back to USA and combine everything together. There are also some other manufactures of beer tanks who don't have distributor. Price may level from 20 to 50 if the price in USA is 100.
    However, the most important is the design. Some design is impossible to reprocess even your welder very skilled.

My suggestion is to do some survey by yourself and learn the difference. It is not hard to find ten or twenty manufacturers in China in one city.
    Find someone who looks expert after your inspection. Some money like tickets, hotel may be spent. I still think it is much worthy than leaving the possible problems to your master welder or electrician.

Ray
    I agree here, We recently bought my 3 bbl kettles from a sponsor here who I believe makes the equipment for a couple other very large us vendors. Even with dealing with customs fees and such we saved thousands vs buying the exact same thing through a US middleman. we are still waiting for it to be ready and shipped but so far the process has gone very well and the communication has been very good. However while some things advertised on alibaba look the same you have to do some research, especially if your looking for something specific that may be complex.
    Last edited by augiedoggy; 10-16-2017 at 06:15 AM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345