DIY - Bottle Labeler (for $14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY - Bottle Labeler (for $14)

It may not be the fastest labeler in the world, but it is so cheap and easy to make, I can make 5 of them and have all 5 of us at the brewery labeling.

We label before filling, because the bottles are dry, after filling the bottles are full of cold beer and they sweat.

We built a simple bottle labeler for $14. We used 3 small boards, a piece of plastic gutter, a fiberglass rod and 7 screws. The first time we used it we time...
    Last edited by johnnymax; 08-05-2012, 10:14 PM.
    John McKissack
    Texas Big Beer Brewery
    Newton County, Texas

Nicely done!

Necessity is the mother of invention...nicely done!
    Cheers!

Comment

We have a broomstick here we call the "Labelmaster 5000" because it sat on top of two kegs with the label rolls hanging from it for two years. Peel and stick, peel and stick... 240,000 labels later, that gets pretty old.

Oh, those were the good old days... make sure you take lots of pictures so you know how far you've come!

Comment

totally building that~

hey it is impossible to see how the label application part works in the video. the rest looks simple, can you show the setup of that part so I can build one here? cause that would rock!

Comment

Sorry, it took me so long ti find the time to sketch it up, but here is the labeler.
          Attached Files
          John McKissack
          Texas Big Beer Brewery
          Newton County, Texas

Comment

Thanks for the sketch...
            Will most definitely try to make one...

Comment

Thanks for sharing that. That is pretty slick. One easy mod for that would be to make an intake reel to wind the backing onto. You could use that do drive the labels as well as making easy disposal of the backing.

Comment

I thought I would post a short video I took today of my wife labeling bottles at the brewery with the labeler. She can label over 800 bottles an hour if somebody moves the cases for her and she can just grab the bottles and label.
                John McKissack
                Texas Big Beer Brewery
                Newton County, Texas

Comment

Where did you get the labels printed?

Comment

Brilliant! Kudos to you, John!
                    Timm Turrentine

Brewerywright,
                    Terminal Gravity Brewing,
                    Enterprise. Oregon.

Comment

Here's another

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

another guy building out a similar device, shows every step, albeit speeded up a bit. Cool idea for DIY folks.

Comment

Label Applicator

DuraLabel Graphic Pvt Ltd is one of the Leading Label applicator service provider. We offer you every type of Label and stickers such as Drum Labels, FMGC Label, Heat resistant label, Paper Label, Filmic Label, Barcode Printers, Thermal Ribbon etc. DuraLabel Graphic Pvt Ltd is one of the Leading Label Manufacturer and Stick Manufacture in india .

Comment

Working...
                        X