Cola without Formula

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cola without Formula

Our first beer required a formula and cola as it included orange peel, however our second beer has been denied a formula approval because it only includes water, malted barley, hops and yeast. What do you do in COLAs online if you want to submit a beer like this without a required formula approval and the pertinent Formula I'd #? Thanks guys!
    Aaren M. Simoncini
    The Beer'd Brewing Co. LLC
    22 Bayview Ave. Unit # 15
    Stonington, CT. 06378
    Aaren@beerdbrewing.com

I believe if your beer is just the basic 4 ingredients then you just skip the formula online part. Our first 3 beers didn't require one and we just left that part at the default on the COLA forms online.

Comment

you just leave the formula # area blank, as well as areas like lab analysis, tannin, etc.
      Beejay
      Pipeworks Brewing Company

Comment

Thanks!

Exactly the info I was looking for, thanks gentlemen!
        Aaren M. Simoncini
        The Beer'd Brewing Co. LLC
        22 Bayview Ave. Unit # 15
        Stonington, CT. 06378
        Aaren@beerdbrewing.com

Comment

Allow me to add that you only have to worry about the formula application if your label says something like: "Imperial Stout aged in Bourbon Barrels," or if it lists special ingredients like coriander or pumpkin. In those cases, they'll wanna know what exactly is in there and how you did it, and then they'll tell you how to word it on your label in order to get the COLA approval.
          Mike Hiller, Head Brewer
          Strangeways Brewing
          2277-A Dabney Road
          Richmond, VA 23230
          804-303-4336
          www.strangewaysbrewing.com

Comment

Working...
          X