delong systems and equipment- any opinions/advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• delong systems and equipment- any opinions/advice

In the market for some new fermenters and am trying to cut out the middle man and buy direct from China. Got a quote from this company that looked great but haven't heard anything about them before. Has anyone bought fermenters or bright tanks direct from these guys that has any knowledge or opinions about the quality of the tanks?

I can't speak for that company but I recently outfitted my brewery with equipment from 2 different Chinese suppliers that I dealt with directly. My fermenters, BBT and HX came from ZHEJIANG DAYU LIGHT INDUSTRIAL MACHINERY CO.,LTD I found them through Alibaba and was sold on their prices and appearance of their tanks. They met their production deadline and I've had no problems to report so far. The other company I dealt with was Abany International, they build the products for Stout tanks. I had them make my brewhouse vessels but they also produce fermenters etc. They may be worth contacting also. I dealt with Gavin Zhang, he speaks excellent English and was always fast answering emails.

Comment

seems fishy..

Can't help the OP with his original query but "David Horn's" answer seems a bit fishy....

Someone whose profile is from Tennessee posting at 3 in the morning using what seems pretty obviously to be Google Translator to post.....

Hmmm.....
      Scott LaFollette
      Fifty West Brewing Company
      Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Agree on the fishiness of that reply. I have a quote coming from the other suggested suppliers. If anyone else has experience dealing directly with DSE let me know...

Comment

We're also busy shopping Chinese manufacturers. I'll keep you posted on what we decide. It's def. hard doing business out of country, especially when is a six figure deal. But, it's hard to turn your back on a substantial savings over domestic builders.

Comment

Delong Systems and Equipment

I am negotiating a deal with Delong. They provided me with references in the US, which I have checked. All the references have been very positive about their experience. I also asked Delong about David Horn's post. They were very forthcoming and explained that they did not have a direct relationship with Mr. Horn but instead they dealt with a supplier who advertises heavily on this site. The problem Mr. Horn has was with that supplier and not Delong. Delong never raised its price to Mr. Horn but instead it was the supplier who raised the price. The supplier failed to deliver on time. If you would like to see the email I received from Delong I would be happy to share it in a private email. Please message me and I will send my email address to you.

Comment

Delong Systems and Equipment

Originally posted by David Horn
              Don't believe words from crooks. De Long is a crooked outfit, I recently heard from another brewer who also lost money dealing with De Long. They took $40,000 from him, and no equipment delivered, and only promises for a refund. This is since Oct. last year.
              David
              Please provide the contact information of the brewer who lost money to me in a private message. I would like to contact that person and find out more about their experience.

Comment

Craig-Big Barn Brewing Co

Originally posted by Great Beer View Post
                David
                Please provide the contact information of the brewer who lost money to me in a private message. I would like to contact that person and find out more about their experience.
                David,

Have conducted business with Delong...interested in how this persons transaction went sour. Would like to cross-reference before my next move.

Thanks

Comment

Craig-Big Barn Brewing Co

Originally posted by Great Beer View Post
                  I am negotiating a deal with Delong. They provided me with references in the US, which I have checked. All the references have been very positive about their experience. I also asked Delong about David Horn's post. They were very forthcoming and explained that they did not have a direct relationship with Mr. Horn but instead they dealt with a supplier who advertises heavily on this site. The problem Mr. Horn has was with that supplier and not Delong. Delong never raised its price to Mr. Horn but instead it was the supplier who raised the price. The supplier failed to deliver on time. If you would like to see the email I received from Delong I would be happy to share it in a private email. Please message me and I will send my email address to you.
                  Hi, would like to see email and chat with you regarding your experience. I just finished first transaction with Delong...did you complete a transaction with Delong?

Thanks,
                  Craig

Comment

David Horn's account has been suspended

We are looking into this users activities. His IP address is located @ China Guangdong Guangzhou, not where he said he was located. The investigation continues...Thanks for the heads up dedicated users of Probrewer.com.

Comment

I thought it sounded fishy......
                      Scott LaFollette
                      Fifty West Brewing Company
                      Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Craig,
                        Send me a private message and I will forward the emails to you.

Originally posted by Bodacious View Post
                        Hi, would like to see email and chat with you regarding your experience. I just finished first transaction with Delong...did you complete a transaction with Delong?

Thanks,
                        Craig

Comment

abany pump

I purchase a pump from abany, no drawiung for wiring. I ma an enginer and I figure out the 2 hot wire still looking for the comon ground but this is a negative on the great service I got from them. I have 2 fermenters hlt,mht and Bkl

charles

Comment

This is John, the President of Stout Tanks and Kettles.

Georgian Brewing stated that Abany is the supplier of Stout Tanks. This is absolutely not true. We do not have any business relationship of any kind or otherwise with them.

We are aware that Abany has been telling people that they are our supplier.

Why would any supplier do this to their customer (going around their customer and try to get orders direct like that)? They would not, because the customer would immediately end the business relationship and they would lose much more than they would make with a few individual orders.

In my opinion, any supplier that tells blatant lies cannot be trusted. I would use extreme caution in dealing with such a company.

It is my understanding that Abany is merely a trading company that shops your order around and gets the best deal they can to make your tanks. You don't know who the real fabricator is and this makes it a very risky transaction. Business ethics, quality, performance vary wildly in China. There are quite a few stories from people who got badly burned by trying to make a big one time purchase in China; it is a gamble unless you make the significant investment to truly know your supplier, and their suppliers as well.

By dealing with a US based company you significantly reduce your risk.

We at Stout Tanks provide a USA warranty, support, advice, guidance, and help when you need it. We also design the tanks we sell - having owned and operated a brewery for 9 years, we have a lot of good ideas that we incorporate into our designs.

Regards,

John Watt
                            Stout Tanks and Kettles
                            Portland, OR
                            Last edited by StoutTanks; 10-13-2013, 01:21 PM.

Comment

This is very interesting.

I do not know the person in the prior reply, but I am aware of him.

I stand by my earlier comments.

Comment

Working...
                              X