designing a 250 litres whirlpool tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• designing a 250 litres whirlpool tank

Hi pals, and thanks u all for ur help. Just how i said, i wanna design a 250 litres whirlpool tank , the same kettle for boiling and whirlpoll. I know thats is important for example to determinate the sense of whirlpool tjhe coriolis law, and the height, the diameter and how many litres it will contain, the pump, and the angle of incidence of the whirlpoll arm, with all those aspects, what kind of calcules should I do, for my kettle of 250 litres, I hope u can help me.
    Best regards
    Daniel
    Attached Files
    DANNKEN

A myriad of different whirlpool designs exist. I’m not sure if I am reading your post correctly, but 250 Litres is exceptionally small. Of course, I have no idea of your business plan and production projections, but as a microbrewer I would design a system 10 times that size. At 250 Litres you could probably whirlpool manually with a large paddle. However, if a system were to be designed, I would start with a kettle that at kettle full has a wort ratio of 1:1 for width and height. A system this small does not warrant the costs of a boiler so I would create a direct fired kettle. The bottom of the kettle should appear flat but have a 2% fall towards one side that will be your ultimate draw off point. As far as the whirlpool action, I would install a tangential in put (or a 90 degree input directly above the ultimate draw off) and I would position it about half way up the kettle. I don’t believe it matters which direction you whirlpool, but the southern hemisphere would dictate a clockwise rotation. You will want to throttle the flow so that you do not exceed a velocity of 5 m/s in your pipes. I would use the same pump that is to be used for the casting of your wort though the heat exchanger. As for the top, I would give it a domed top to aid the performance of a C.I.P. spray ball and I would give it a man way along with a vent stack. Finally, make it out of stainless steel, insulate the sides, and lift it at least a meter off the ground. Its amazing how many times it seems necessary to have to crawl under all of your equipment. A picture is worth a thousand words. It’s difficult to draw up a plan without a sketch.
    Drink the beer, destiny of the land.

Comment

Working...
    X