Feedback for brewery software idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feedback for brewery software idea

Hi, I'm a few months from opening a nano and I was looking for brewery software to help track batches of beer and fermenter space. I cannot afford Orchestratedbeer and would like a very simple, bare-bones program for managing my brewery. I plan on using Beersmith for inventory, so the program would purely handle tracking batches.

Speaking personally, would you be interested in such a program? My friend is a programmer and has offered to work on this with me. If you are interested, how would you like it to operate and what features would you like to see?

At face value, this is what I came up with. Very basic and plenty of room for new features. I'm a noob, so if this sounds stupid/unnecessary and/or there's a better way, please tell me.

You create virtual fermenters, bright tanks, and keg space. For example, you would go to create--fermenter, and enter your volume.

You create profiles for beers. Create--new beer. Choose the name. Enter five values--volume, days to ferment, days to dry hop, days to cold crash, days to age.

You can drag and drop beers into the fermenters/tanks. The program dates the batch, and gives it an ID number. The beers sit in the virtual tanks, with the target ready date and number of days til dry hop/cold crash easily accessible. If it is past a deadline, it will change color until you drag it into the next step. When you "finish" a beer, an option comes up with how you want to package it. You can enter the numbers and types of kegs to package, and they will be automatically subtracted from your inventory. They will then be added to your stock, with ID numbers and dates.

You can skip forward in your calendar to see which beers will be ready when, when space opens up, or if any bottlenecks arise.

Have you looked at BeerRun software? Much better in the pricing department IMO.
    Little Deep Brewing Company
    Minot, North Dakota
    www.littledeepbrewing.com

Comment

Originally posted by thatjonguy View Post
      Have you looked at BeerRun software? Much better in the pricing department IMO.
      I have. It's still 3500 up front, plus a minimum of 150 a month. It looks good, but again, that puts it outside the price range of most nanos.

Comment

Jake, I use an Excel sheet to track key elements of each brew - date, dry hop date, yeast harvest date, fermenter #, various gravity reading points, etc. I have used an Outlook Calendar for planning future brews to get an idea of what fermenter will be open when, etc. That became more of a pain than it was worth.

-Kevin

Comment

Working...
        X