brew-stuff.com reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• brew-stuff.com reviews

Has anyone purchased equipment through brew-stuff.com? There equipment seams low priced and I'm always weary of low prices. There 7bbl system looks really nice, but what's the quality like?

So far their service has not been great. I have been asking for two weeks to get he size on the 3.5 BBL ferm so I will know if it will fit in my brewery and they do not seem able to get me an answer. More than a little frustrating.

Comment

Current Customer

I have been working with Don (brew-stuff) for 11+ weeks now trying to get the 5 bbl system. I have not received the system yet but can at least talk about my experiences thus far with brew-stuff. Feel free to call me and ask any questions. I will post a full review of shipment and also a review after I have used the system for a couple of months. My number is 830-660-8124
      Brian
      BS Brewing, LLC

Comment

Got some of it

I received the shipment last week. Most of it was there, I am still missing the heat exchanger, hoses, fittings for the entire brewhouse (I had been told in December that the system came with triclamp fittings but it arrived with quick disconnects), temp probes, and valves. The two brite tanks arrived with no CIP arms, no port for carbonating, and the pressure gauges are only in Chinese (not that there is anyplace to instal them until the CIP arms arrive). Small amount of rust on the sight level tubes. I called the pump manufacturer and they said the pumps are not food grade and are only rated for 140 degrees. I know the pump issue has come up before with brew-stuff and I thought that it would have been resolved by now. Wether or not these pumps function at boiling temps is not the problem. Personally, I am not going to push my beer through a pump that could potentially contaminate the end product. Still waiting to hear back from Don about when the rest of it will come.
        After posting this today my heat exchanger came. I will update this post as items arrive.
        Last edited by zbrian; 02-07-2013, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by zbrian View Post
          I will update this post as items arrive.
          Thinking about picking up their 9sqm hx and would love to get your feedback on the quality.

Comment

interested in the info on the HX as well

Originally posted by Deerhammer View Post
            Thinking about picking up their 9sqm hx and would love to get your feedback on the quality.
            Please post an update regarding the quality of the HX. I almost pulled the trigger then I found this thread. Just a couple hundred of $$$ from what I plan on purchasing instead. Thanks for the info

Comment

They basically buy the systems from China and re-sell them in the US. Not a bad business model because I think most manufacturers want to sell in bulk.

Comment

wow. very frustrating. thanks for the updates

Comment

Originally posted by zbrian View Post
                  I received the shipment last week. Most of it was there, I am still missing the heat exchanger, hoses, fittings for the entire brewhouse (I had been told in December that the system came with triclamp fittings but it arrived with quick disconnects), temp probes, and valves. The two brite tanks arrived with no CIP arms, no port for carbonating, and the pressure gauges are only in Chinese (not that there is anyplace to instal them until the CIP arms arrive). Small amount of rust on the sight level tubes. I called the pump manufacturer and they said the pumps are not food grade and are only rated for 140 degrees. I know the pump issue has come up before with brew-stuff and I thought that it would have been resolved by now. Wether or not these pumps function at boiling temps is not the problem. Personally, I am not going to push my beer through a pump that could potentially contaminate the end product. Still waiting to hear back from Don about when the rest of it will come.
                  After posting this today my heat exchanger came. I will update this post as items arrive.
                  It has been 6 weeks since I received my equipment. I have called Don 11 times and I have only received the ball valves and a Spectra 1" hose that the manufacturer stated was not food grade and only rated to 200 degrees. Don told me that he was no longer going to send me the triclamp fittings (he was the one that told me in December that this system came with them), he was very clear that it was because of my review that I have quoted. I have been licensed to brew for 4 weeks now and have been unable to because of my incomplete system. I received natural gas burners instead of the propane burners I had asked for, we didn't know until we tried turning them on. Don was very apologetic and sent the correct burners promptly (shipping took 8 days but he did get them in the mail with an appropriate speed worth noting). I will post again once the rest of my equipment has arrived. Don told me 8 days ago that it was in the mail.
                  If anything changes or it turns out that I was mistaken on anything, I will be sure to make corrections. As always, anyone that has questions, feel free to call me anytime during the week.

Comment

Working...
                  X