Racking arm for retro-fitting grundy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racking arm for retro-fitting grundy

I am looking into retro-fitting our server-grundies with racking arms and carbonation ports. The way we would like to do this is to have the ferrules welded on to the manway doors, that way we can just take a bunch of manway doors up to the welder instead of having them make a house-call, which would cost a lot more.

So, it looks like if we are going to get a racking arm on the door that will reach the bottom of the grundy, it will have to be pretty long, about 17-18 inch drop and extending into the tank about the same length.

Does anyone know of a company that might have something like this pre-made? I have tried looking around a bit but I haven't come along anything nearly that size.

Or any other solutions? We would like to see what's out there pre-made, before looking into having them custom made for us.

Thanks for the help.
    Sean

Finding a pre-made solution may be tough. GW Kent has some racking arms you could try. It might not be too bad to get them custom made. Take some PVC the same ID and heat it up w a torch and bend it by hand to what you want. Take it to the stainless guys and see what it would cost. Cheap way to get a quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Dog View Post
      Finding a pre-made solution may be tough. GW Kent has some racking arms you could try. It might not be too bad to get them custom made. Take some PVC the same ID and heat it up w a torch and bend it by hand to what you want. Take it to the stainless guys and see what it would cost. Cheap way to get a quote.
      I'm going to try that, thanks. We'll see what we get for a quote!

Comment

Check Glacier Tanks: http://www.glaciertanks.com/Racking_..._TriClamp.html
        They have a couple other versions as well.

FarmerD

Comment

Working...
        X