Glycol Piping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glycol Piping

I am working on laying out the piping for my new glycol system and I was researching the different options of piping material. I have narrowed it down to the George Fisher Cool-fit product or Aquatherm. I know there is a ton of information on this forum about Cool-fit, but I haven't seen much about Aquatherm and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts (positive / negative) about the Aquaterm product?

I'm not finding a lot of info on it but this link might help you out some. http://www.plumbingzone.com/f22/aqua...opinions-4427/
    Ben Pugh
    Meddlesome Brewing Company
    Memphis, TN

Eclectic Ales
    Memphis, Tn

Comment

Our boiler contractor also does refrigeration, he just plumbed a new 15bbl brewery in town with Aquatherm. Might want to try contacting Aardwolf Brewing in Jacksonville, Florida. They have been running with it for a couple of months now. I have heard nothing but good things about it from both the contractor and the brewery.

Cheers.
      Luch Scremin
      Engine 15 Brewing Co.
      luch at engine15 dot com

Comment

Aquatherm

We are installing it in a brewery in Carlsbad, CA right. We haven't finished plumbing it or pressuring tested it yet but this stuff is awesome. We are handling the install on it too and it's not difficult at all. We ordered all the material through Ferguson and worked with a rep from Ferguson who specializes in Aquatherm to be trained on how to install any pipe size between 1/2" -3" and any type of fitting or adapter you can think up. Let me know if you have questions as we get further along in our project.

Cheers,

Guys

Comment

aquatherm followup

I waned to follow up on your aquatherm experience.

Did you use it for cold water/ hot water/ glycol?

what size headers/ drops did you use?

Did you insulate the pipes and with what?

did the non insulated parts sweat condensation?

what solenoids did you use?

thanks

Comment

Working...
          X