Thread: Trailer cooling? Anyone know?

Trailer cooling? Anyone know?

Does anyone know of any firms that provide temporary cooling for keg storage (i.e., trailers w/refrigeration units) that runs on electricity rather than gas?

The only suppliers that I can find run on diesel.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Boy, this conversation has some issues! I originally had a single axle trailer that I put a 110V reefer unit on the tongue and would keep 20 kegs cold to 30 degrees forever. I insulated it and a local guy put it on for me.

I moved up to 220V units for dual axles (2) and eventually had 7 trailers including a tractor box with a deisel reefer for big events. The brewery I worked for when I started this did 1800 kegs in my second year but we rented them (me and a partner) to any group that wanted to rent them. I would suggest you only supply labour when you are contracted to do so. Needless to say, you want some heafty gauge wire to run to a connector box.

Good luck!

Look for refrigerated overseas shipping containers, esp. in port cities. Pick up and delivery isn't cheap but they usually are 3-phase 220 or 440. With the dollar so low they should be cheap to buy or rent.

Moonlight

Thanks a bunch Moonlight. I found exactly what I needed. 440v.

Thanks to Rob as well.

Cheers!