Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Selling bottles over the bar

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Las Vegas

    Selling bottles over the bar

    Does anyone know what the ATF regs are for selling one off bottles over the bar at the brewpub. I am particularly looking at selling commemorative bottles of an anniversary beer over the bar for take home consumption probably Chimay style corked bottles. Do I need to get label approval? They will only be sold in house (although they will be consumed off premise). I know we sell growlers with merely a government warning label would this fall under the same category? Enlighten me please.
    Big Willey
    "You are what you is." FZ

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Polson, Montana, USA
    I know for certain that you WILL need label approval from the TTB. Use their online submission service, it makes the process much easier and quicker (think 2-3 weeks approval time). Check with your local and state powers-that-be regarding over-the-counter bottle sales. Hope that helps!
    Luck to ya' and c'mon lucky seven!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts