No announcement yet.

Any Advice On Starting A Microbrewery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Advice On Starting A Microbrewery?

Hello! Thanks for looking... Let me tell you who I am and what I am seeking. Please do not get bored... you can skip this and go to the next section if you prefer!!! I have been in the food and beverage industry for 10+ years. It started as a way to make a quick buck to help me with me travels- and it has somehow turned into a career. I found that I absolutely love the environment and can not get enough- I typically work 70-80 hours per week (I know- I have a problem). I have been working as a GM for quite some time and recently was recruited. I am now the new GM for a new microbrewery to open in the California Bay Area.

I never claimed to know a darn thing about the microbrew-pub industry... and before you all throw stones and tell me I have no business getting involved in such technical endeavors. I will say I agree 100%! I am trying to learn as much as possible within a limited amount of time. I wish I came across this website 5 months ago!!! That would have been a life saver.

Spilled milk- I found the site at last. I am seeking any advice that you might offer regarding the brewery end of the business. I have surfed countless hours on the web, and have read a number of books. That is obviously not enough. I have 20+ resumes for the head brewmaster position- but if anyone out there would like to pass one along- please feel free. I still have not begun interviews.

Anyone that emails me, I will try my absolute best to respond within 36 hours. via email or phone. your choice.
    Thanks for looking!
    Last edited by halfpint; 04-22-2005, 04:38 PM.

Hiya' Halfpint,
    What sort of advice are you looking for? I have worked in several micros, brewpubs, expanded breweries, opened my own. This business is difficult to get off the ground, at best. I'd like to help ya'. Let me know if I can. Feel free to email me directly at info@glacierbrewing.com.

C-ya,
    Dave
    Glacier Brewing Company
    406-883-2595
    info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

Loving this web site more and more

Thanks so much for your fast response. I should include my email address here- allison_y@sbcglobal.net

I sent you a detailed email a minute ago- hope you got it. You are probably still reading it!

Comment

Ditto what Dave said.

Aloha,
        Ron
        (Ron@jollypumpkin.com)

Comment

Thanks a bunch- I will be emailing you in just a bit.

Comment

Working...
          X