Charging for CO2 at Beer Festivals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging for CO2 at Beer Festivals

In events where beer festival organizers purchase the beer from the brewery, is it common practice for the brewery to also invoice for the CO2 used in the pouring?

Thanks!

Not even close. By a mile. Most do not pay for the beer. But they should provide the ice and usually do.

Comment

I know that in most festivals, organizers do not pay for the beer, but what about in the case that they do pay for the beer? Should I charge for CO2? Should I charge for jockey box rental time? Are these common practices?

Comment

I'm usually more than happy if they are paying for the beer. I've never heard of anyone charging for the CO2 or jockey box.

Cheers,

Bill

Comment

you can try but I doubt you'll get paid and you'll look petty IMHO. How much co2 are you going through? It can't cost more than a couple of bucks.

BTW we don't do any fest sunless we get paid. The Wisconsin Brewers Guild has done a great job of assuring that all breweries get paid for their beer.
          Tim Eichinger
          Visit our website blackhuskybrewing.com

Comment

I charge for co2 and Jockey box cleaning when kegs are sold for parties and such. As far as tasting events, I have never been paid for the beer I provide. I think if the pay for the beer and and still want a jockey box and co2, I think it is more then far to charge for equipment use.

Comment

This will be the 5th year that we've held our large beer festival but we hold multiple smaller festivals throughout the year as well. We've made a point of always paying for the beer, never asking for donated product or swag and never charging a "table fee". We've never been charged a CO2 fee or a jockey box fee from any of our brewers or distributors so that seems like an odd thing to me.
              Owner
              Grind Modern Burger
              PostModern Brewers
              Boise, ID

Comment

Working...
              X