Brewmaster for 10bbl Startup in Portland, OR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewmaster for 10bbl Startup in Portland, OR

Brewing great beer blends art and science. Ex Novo Brewing Co. exists to blend fine craft beer with positive social change. We're doing this the grassroots way, building a 10-barrel, non-profit brewpub from the ground up. That's right, we said non-profit. Don't get us wrong, we aren't opposed to making money. On the contrary, we want to make as much as we can, so we can give it away. We are committed to donating 100% of our net profits to organizations that are working to affect positive social change both in Portland and around the world. Incorporated in March 2013, we aim to open our doors in February 2014.

Ex Novo is seeking an experienced brewmaster to join our team and be responsible for the following:

1. Complete competence in operating a 10bbl system from grain to glass. Since you are an experienced brewer, you know what this entails. You will have help on most brew days from other employees/assistant brewers, and you must be able to work efficiently while instructing and training others
    2. Responsible for all brewery logistics, inventory management, ordering of materials and the brewery schedule
    3. Understanding material costs and uses materials in an efficient and cost effective manner
    4. Representing Ex Novo at festivals, events, competitions, etc.

Qualifications include:
    1. Five or more years of professional brewing experience
    2. A brewing degree or BS in science or engineering is preferred
    3. A positive attitude, enthusiasm for the mission of Ex Novo, creativity and ability to work well with a team are prerequisites for this position
    4. Things that are a plus:
    a. Experience with barrel aging and sour beer production
    b. Knowledge and sensory ability to develop beer that pairs well with our food and vice versa.

Pay Range and Hours:
    - This is a salaried management position. Pay range will be commensurate with job skills and experience. Benefits will include paid vacation days, medical and 401k.

Drug Testing and Background Check required.
    Continue to the main page content We brew exceptional world-class beer and use our business as a force for good in Oregon, New Mexico, and beyond. From the grassroots level to global initiatives…

Ex Novo Brewing, Portland, Oregon. 7,435 likes · 19 talking about this · 13,881 were here. Drink Beer. Do Good. Donated $120,000 to date back into our local communities, nation wide foundations and...

resumes to: joel@exnovobrew.com
    Last edited by ExNovo_PDX; 07-25-2013, 03:18 PM.

Head Brewer position

Hello
    I would be interested in sending you my resume for consideration for the Head Brewer opening you have posted. What is the best way for me to privately forward you my resume?
    Thanks!

Comment

Working...
    X