unaflex type 725

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unaflex type 725

Has anyone been having problems with new unaflex hose?
    I have used this hose for years and never had a problem. I recently bought new hose and in a short period of time the inner walls are failing. I have also had problems on the inlet side of my cip pump...the wall collapses. Did they chcheapen the manufacturing process?
    Mike

Doesn't sound right. Talk to the supplier. That is supposed to be a premium grade of hose and if it can't do the job, you should'nt have to pay for it. I've used the same Unaflex hoses for years with only an infrequent reband.
    Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Ive got a bunch of 725 unaflex, and a few hoses have popped their bands recently. How do you go about rebanding these things? I know I dont want to just use a hose clamp....
      thanks
      Dave

Comment

You will either need to buy a banding tool, or find someone who has one to do it for you. They are easy to use, and leave a more 'hand friendly' and more secure hose end compared to worm style hose clamps. Definitely worth having, even for a small brewery. The tool is McMaster-Carr 5424K1, the banding is 5422K61 (or 5422K56 for a slightly less corrosion resistant band), and the the clamps are 5422K75 (or 5422K71). Best of luck!!
        Phillip Kelm--Palau Brewing Company Manager--

Comment

Hose Banding

David,

I'm in Farmville, NC (other side of the state from you), but if you care to use gitchegumee's suggestion of finding someone who has a banding tool you can use, and if you can find your way out here, I'm happy to let you use ours. Just let me know.

Paul Philippon
          The Duck-Rabbit Craft Brewery
          Farmville NC
          We are a small packaging microbrewery located in Farmville, North Carolina. We specialize in beautiful, delicious, full flavored dark beers. When we brew, we’re happy and we dance. During fermentation, we sing softly to the yeast. Please try our beer and enjoy a taste of contentment!

Comment

Working...
          X