Blm2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blm2000

Does anyone have experience with the BLM2000, beer line maintenance device? It is supposed to disrupt deposits in you beer lines with sound waves, reducing the need for cleaning from every 2 weeks to every 10 or 12 weeks. I am interested in using it on lines from serving tanks so I only have to clean them between each beer. Sold by Perlick and endorsed by Miller.

I've seen these systems and I have to be skeptical of how a sound wave can help clean a 100ft line in a long draw system. They are popular here in PA because they are approved by the PLCB and they are very strict on line cleaning every two weeks. I would like to hear any comments as well.

Comment

Blm

I installed the BLM 2000 unit along with my new Trunkline. I purchased the system through BBS Systems in Canada and was unaware that Perlick carried it. It is hard to say how well something like this works. I mean I replaced my lines so now when I clean them every 4-6 weeks per BLM as opposed to every two weeks before BLM, I notice no chunks or deposits coming out, but I am comparing to my old lines which were terrible when I took over and would yield copius amounts of crap every cleaning. The BLM Webpage should give the science behind the device which I remember as being that the sound waves make it unfavorable for anything to grow (bacteria, yeast etc.) which prevents build up. Plus I have heard/read the theory that the soundwaves actually break off deposits over time. My run is slightly over 100 feet. So far so good, but without plating samples from the lines or cutting open sections it is hard to be scientific about it. I have only heard good things about it but there arent many that use it yet so who knows? Call BBS at least they sound more helpful than Perlick.
      Big Willey
      "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Ultrasonic Devices

Ultrasonic devices have been used in breweries for a few years. They are attached to bottle washer lines, pasteurizer lines etc. As well they are used quite frequently in the Lake/Ocean Freighter industry to keep all intake water lines clear.
        I have heard of some success on Lake Freighters, but in discussions with brewery maint. men, they seem to think that these units are nothing but a gimmic.
        As well they are currently being sold here in Canada as household units to keep all water lines clear of Iron and Calcium deposits, claiming that it will not only preform this function, but will slowly break down the existing buildup in the lines. Let me assure you, as we have one of these units installed in our shop, that they do not work in the manner that they are intended. The machine has been hooked to our incoming well water supply for over 3 years and there is absolutely no noticeable difference. (Unit was even upgraded to a newer model)
        Ours is a HYDRO-MAX ELECTRONIC SCALE CONTROL model. I hope that my little tid bit helps in your decision to purchase.

Andy Fraser
        Moonstone Mechanical Inc.

Comment

A New Method Of Beer Line Maintenance

Dear Sir, I wanted reply to your inquiry on behalf of the company BIOQTECH Corporation who manufacture the BLM2000 device. The product has been in used in North America, Europe and Asia since 1999. Major brewers around the world, including Coors Brewery, SABMiller International and Kirin Breweries of Japan. The device has patents approved in all beer producing countries and to date there are over 500,000 beer lines world-wide now using the technology. A full description of the product can be viewed at www.bio-signal.com. I suppose like anything new, there are always the 'disbelievers', but major brewers I think know what they are doing, hence they did put the product through exhaustive testing before approving its use with their various beers.

The product does not eliminate the need to clean beer lines, but its efficacy enables extended cleaning cycles of up to 8 weeks. When you don't dump beer, you stop losing product that should be sold. Should you wish for any further information or be directed to users of the technology including a growing list of brewery draught managers, then please contact me at middleton@bioqtech.com.

Sincerely,
          BIOQTECH Corporation

David Middleton
          President / CEO

Originally posted by biz82
          Does anyone have experience with the BLM2000, beer line maintenance device? It is supposed to disrupt deposits in you beer lines with sound waves, reducing the need for cleaning from every 2 weeks to every 10 or 12 weeks. I am interested in using it on lines from serving tanks so I only have to clean them between each beer. Sold by Perlick and endorsed by Miller.

Comment

I read your quote and appreciate the comments. As the manufacturer of the BLM2000 I would like to advise that the technology now is being used in North America, Japan, England, Poland, Romania, Russia, Hungary, Czech Republic and Taiwan.

The list grows and such growth has been the result of users like yourself who were prepared to give the technology a chance.

As you state in your quote, the PLCB has approved the technology and PA is a very active and successful market for our device.

Should you wish for any assistance with the device, then we have an office now opened in Colorado which looks after the whole North American market and please direct any inquires to middleton@bioqtech.com

Sincerely
            BIOQTECH

David Middleton

Originally posted by Charles S.
            I've seen these systems and I have to be skeptical of how a sound wave can help clean a 100ft line in a long draw system. They are popular here in PA because they are approved by the PLCB and they are very strict on line cleaning every two weeks. I would like to hear any comments as well.

Comment

Blm2000

Dear BigWilley

Thank you for posting your quote.

BBS in Vancouver were one of the first users of the technology in North America. I have placed a few replies to quotes and you can read for yourself how the BLM2000 is going not only locally, but overseas as well.

Our website briefly decribes the science behind the device for the average user. During all tests with various breweries around the world; plate counts, ATP analysis and electro-scanning photography of the inside of the beer lines was carried out, in the course of putting the technology under severe scrutiny. The results are history now with all breweries we've tested with, approving the technology.

Should you wish for copies of technical published reports then such can be forwarded to you.

The secret to the success of the BLM2000 has always been through education and understanding. I am pleased that your company was open minded enough to receive enough positives on the device to assimulate the technology within your dispense regime.

For any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
              BIOQTECH

David Middleton
              President / CEO

Originally posted by BigWilley
              I installed the BLM 2000 unit along with my new Trunkline. I purchased the system through BBS Systems in Canada and was unaware that Perlick carried it. It is hard to say how well something like this works. I mean I replaced my lines so now when I clean them every 4-6 weeks per BLM as opposed to every two weeks before BLM, I notice no chunks or deposits coming out, but I am comparing to my old lines which were terrible when I took over and would yield copius amounts of crap every cleaning. The BLM Webpage should give the science behind the device which I remember as being that the sound waves make it unfavorable for anything to grow (bacteria, yeast etc.) which prevents build up. Plus I have heard/read the theory that the soundwaves actually break off deposits over time. My run is slightly over 100 feet. So far so good, but without plating samples from the lines or cutting open sections it is hard to be scientific about it. I have only heard good things about it but there arent many that use it yet so who knows? Call BBS at least they sound more helpful than Perlick.

Comment

the other devices

Dear Moontech

I just wanted to put the science behind out technology on a platform, so it may satisify your thoughts about our BLM2000 device.

First of all, as you mention, there are devices in the market place that claim to keep the inside of water pipes free from scale build-up etc. I cannot comment of how these devices operate or their efficacy, but what I do know is how our BLM2000 device works.

A beer system has two points where beer spoilage organisms can enter beer dispense lines and cause biofilm growth. The faucet is the most prone area, due to the ambient temperature at the bar and the keg coupler is the other area. The BLM2000 uses composite audio signals with an array of harmonic components within the signal, which is the heart of how it retards the growth of beer spoilage yeasts and bacteria. The BLM2000's signal enters a beer line via a transponder that attaches to the outside of the beer line and this transponder transmits the signal into the beer line. The signal travels the whole length of the line using the beer as a conductor of the signal from faucet to keg coupler.

As mentioned in previous replies, the testing phase by major breweries around the world was to try and disprove the efficacy, by anaylising plate counts, ATP counts and viewing electro-scanning photographs of the inside surface of beer lines. History now tells the story that they were convince enough to approve the device for use of their beer lines and such approval lists, have been growing.

If you would like copies of such techncial reports, then drop me a line and I would be pleased to forward them.

Sincerely,
                BIOQTECH

David Middleton
                President / CEO

Originally posted by MoonMech
                Ultrasonic devices have been used in breweries for a few years. They are attached to bottle washer lines, pasteurizer lines etc. As well they are used quite frequently in the Lake/Ocean Freighter industry to keep all intake water lines clear.
                I have heard of some success on Lake Freighters, but in discussions with brewery maint. men, they seem to think that these units are nothing but a gimmic.
                As well they are currently being sold here in Canada as household units to keep all water lines clear of Iron and Calcium deposits, claiming that it will not only preform this function, but will slowly break down the existing buildup in the lines. Let me assure you, as we have one of these units installed in our shop, that they do not work in the manner that they are intended. The machine has been hooked to our incoming well water supply for over 3 years and there is absolutely no noticeable difference. (Unit was even upgraded to a newer model)
                Ours is a HYDRO-MAX ELECTRONIC SCALE CONTROL model. I hope that my little tid bit helps in your decision to purchase.

Andy Fraser
                Moonstone Mechanical Inc.

Comment

But HOW does it retard spoilage organism growth? Simply cite some viewable references from reputable testing labs for my perusal and I can make a more informed decision.

/skeptic
                  "By man's sweat and God's love, beer came into the world" -- St. Arnold of Metz

Comment

What kind of sound waves? Can one request certain music styles?

Comment

Danzig or White Zombie is bound to offer more cleaning power than say, John Tesh or Kenny G.

Or maybe a looped recording of "clean-clean-clean..." would be more appropriate.

Comment

Working...
                      X