Experience w/ AntonPaar CboxQC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience w/ AntonPaar CboxQC

Anyone have any experience w/ these units? I did a quick search and didn't find any info in this forum.

I have experience with Haffmans c-DGM, but this is a different beast.

Can they (the Cbox) be used on the floor or are they best left in the lab? Compared to the c-DGM, the Cbox seems, for lack of a better word, more fragile. And the inlet/outlet liquid tubes seem freaky small.

Anyone out there with Cbox experience that i could bounce some q's off of as they arise would be appreciated.

beers!

CBox is relatively new to the market (certainly here in the UK) so there's probably not a lot of in-depth experience with this particular unit; however much of the base technology is derived from Anton Paar's CarboQC instruments that have been around for a good while now.

From my experience that latter is a good tool, if a little fragile at times. Given that, it works well in an at-line function, preferably in a line laboratory or analytical workstation.

A number of our clients have tested CBox and have had varying comments; like the CarboQC, the tubing size has come in for question, although to be fair the latter could be fitted with larger tubing (6mm OD rather than 4mm OD).

By its sheer nature, in-pack analysis is far more complex than measuring dissolved gases; the level of gases in the headspace (especially oxygen) have a profound effect on overall results and so need careful measurement.

Typically, in a package with a 5% headspace, around half the TOTAL oxygen will be in that space rather than dissolved, so it is essential to ensure packages are fully equilibrated before analysis.

As well as CBox and c-DGM, the Orbisphere 3625 system has a good pedigree for package analysis and has the ability to give an excellent overall picture of the filling process.

Hope that helps and isn't too general!

Comment

thx...any info is good info.

been using the Cbox more and while the lines still feel small, they (coupled w/ the smaller chamber) do require less sample so package measurements of 12oz size are easier than w/ the c-DGM. was able to measure at the tank, but i wouldn't leave this unit unattended on the floor like i would the Haffmans. so i guess it'll live in the lab and make occasional visits to the tanks (which is pbby what it was meant to do anyway)

thx again.

Comment

Working...
      X