Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by gmartin3 View Post
    Meheen CO2 Valve

We noticed that our 1995 safecracker meheen allows a small amount of compressed air to enter in the actuated CO2 valve body, has anyone replaced this with a locally sourced different valve? There is no markings of any kind on the valve.
    I know its an old post, but any one got a source for these?

Comment

• Hello there, we recently purchased a used 1998 4-head Meheen Bottler and the person we bought the machine from said it was set up for "heritage bottles" - but when we got it and started running we quickly realized it was for longnecks! Is it possible to purchase filling plates, capper pistons (I think) and likely new capper feeds to adjust the machine to fill heritage bottles? We have stuck a bunch of $ into our system so far and just trying to get started in our endeavor - so any, anything would be incredibly helpful.

The bottler we have is an old one - 1998, 4-head Meheen.

I know its an old bottler but if there is anything I can do I would be so grateful.

John K

Comment

• My 4-head used Meheen just arrived. A couple of question first off.

1) Where is the serial number plate? I can't find one anywhere. The manual that came with it says, 4G12OBF082000. and a Date of 3/10/00. Without better data, I will assume this is a 2000.

2) The bottle handling clamp/board is not with it, Is that a just buy a new one from Wild Goose?

Now off to clean and begin figuring out how to bottle soda.

Doug Terrell
        Washington, IN

Comment

• Does anyone have the spec for OBF bottles. (That appears to be the Meheen code.) At this point all I kwon is they are about .5" shorter and maybe .25" narrower than the Ardaugh samples I have.

Comment

• Does anyone here have a 2018 or newer meheen? I would like to ask you a few questions about it.

Comment

• Has anyone made modifications to the Meheen to change the input voltage? We just bought and received a brand new Meheen M4 through their chinese agent (as we are based in Singapore) but the power supply is for 115V instead of the requested 230V / 50Hz. Studying the control box, it appears that the electrical supply goes through a PSU to supply power so I was thinking it would be a relatively simple change. Does anyone have similar experience?

Comment

• Wild_Goose_Meheen
                Wild_Goose_Meheen commented
                Editing a comment
                We at Wild Goose Filling are sorry to hear about your Meheen experience, and have appreciated the time to discuss further with you. Wild Goose custom builds every Meheen system to the order specifications, and we understand the order information we received did not match your request. We are determining immediate solutions with our distribution representative in China, who will coordinate with you to ensure this issue is fully resolved. Thank you for giving Wild Goose and our distributor the opportunity to address this issue.

• Hello Meheen users!

My brewery just acquired another brewery and we now have what I believe to be a 2000ish Merlin 6 head bottle filler. I have not even attempted to operate this machine but I do know that they used it as recently as 2020 during the pandemic for to go sales. We plan to sale the machine but are aware the market for it is probably small. I plan on knocking the dust off of it and taking some good pics of it. I just wanted to put this here for now to gauge any possible interest. All I have right now is a picture of the manual with the serial number hand written on it. (see pic) I'll get some pics up soon. I also have a pallet and a half(ish) of long neck bottles that can go with it.Thanks

Cheers!

Josh Bagwell
              Tallulah Brewing Company
              Jasper, Alabama
              205-530-8555

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6003.jpg
Views:	393
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	316141

Comment

• As mentioned in the post above, I've cleaned her up a little bit and posted pics of the machine.

If anyone has any interest at all please reach out to me. I haven't listed it for sale yet, so I'm giving anyone on this thread first crack at it.

-Also, we're totally willing to pack this on a pallet and ship.

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Josh Bagwell
                Tallulah Brewing Company
                Jasper, Alabama
                205-530-8555
                Attached Files

Comment

• More pics!

Cheers!

Josh Bagwell
                  Tallulah Brewing Company
                  Jasper, Alabama
                  205-530-8555
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Hi!

I would like to ask for your advice. Here is a video: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/F4IiZxxmB4k

It looks like the left rodless cylinder doesn’t hold the pressure. We changed the hoses, hose inlet, but the problem persists. When we set a lower air pressure, the problem disappears, but when we start to filling, there is a fail: "Counter Pressure Failed", the beer does not go into the bottles at all. Also, the leak test immediately writes a failure (I don't know if it's related). Does anyone have experience with this problem, how to fix it?

Thanks,

Michael

Comment

• Hi Michael,
                      What psi are you running the machine at and what is the tank head pressure?
                      Prost!
                      Dave
                      Glacier Brewing Company
                      406-883-2595
                      info@glacierbrewing.com

"who said what now?"

Comment

• Hi Dave,

Brite Tank: about 15 PSI
                        CO2 to tank: about 18 PSI
                        CO2 to Meheen: about 35 PSI
                        AIR: maximum about 73 PSI, higher makes a problem like in the video
                        In this configuration it says "Counter Pressure Failed", we tried adjusting the pressures, but nothing helped.

Comment

• Hey All,

I just purchased a used 1994 Meheen 4 head filler and the PLC doesn't seem to be going into the run state. When I open up the enclosure I see that the PLC is getting power with a green light status, and the input lights change when switching the reset/run switch and also the Sani/Auto/Clean switch. I am just trying to get the machine to cycle, is there a sensor that would prevent this from initializing a cycle? Currently just have air and C02 hooked up, but not sure if there is a liquid sensor as well for it to start. I was also trying to access the PLC through a computer to see what's going on with the ladder logic, but can't get by the PLC password. Does anyone have this? Any help diagnosing the issue is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Working...
                          X