Meheen users unite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [QUOTE=tarikapak;221627]Hi everybody!

We just got our hands on a 2005 Meheen 6 head filling machine. Is there any way that we can find a user's manual?

Thanks ��
    I just emailed Meheen and they emailed me the manual for our 2007 Machine,

Comment

• Crimp width

Originally posted by keiron View Post
      Thank you for the tips!

I do not think the block is worn down as this is a machine from 2015 and the crimp has been poor since we got it. Sounds like we may be having issues with our air-pressure/flow, even though it never falls below 90psi.
      I will however try to tighten the main bolts in case they are loose. I'll update if/when we fix the issue.
      Is this still an issues?

If so then another thought, since this machine has been doing it since new, is that perhaps you've got some of your pneumatics hooked up incorrectly. The bottle ejectors, up inside the crowing head, should move freely when the machine is on and air is being supplied to it. Just reach up into the crowning head and push up with your fingers, each of the ejector should move up into their cylinders without much resistance.

Also assuming you've confirmed the spec on the crowning head against the bottle mould that you're using...noticed you were in Sweden and not sure where you are getting bottles/crowns, etc.

Mark

Comment

• The ejectors does not move freely. I am unable to move them with my fingers. They do move however when the block moves down on the bottle during crowning.

Do you think this is a misconfiguration?

Wouldn't the pressure required to move the ejectors have to be equal to the working pressure?

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Quarterly we put a couple drops of pneumatic oil in the top of the ejection cylinders, it has greatly extended the life of the cylinders.
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

• I have one ver 2/2/2005. Let me see if I can scan the whole thing in and email it. Cheers Joel

[QUOTE=hillseythekiwi;221982]
            Originally posted by tarikapak View Post
            Hi everybody!

We just got our hands on a 2005 Meheen 6 head filling machine. Is there any way that we can find a user's manual?

Thanks ��
            I just emailed Meheen and they emailed me the manual for our 2007 Machine,
            Joel Halbleib
            Partner / Zymurgist
            Hive and Barrel Meadery
            6302 Old La Grange Rd
            Crestwood, KY
            www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

• Those cylinders are very easy to rebuild/ inspect. If you suspect anything is wrong with them, just open them up, clean them out, re-lube them and you'll notice if there is anything amiss with the seals. When I first inspected mine from a 1999, they were working fine, but were filled with water and other gunk. I don't think they were ever touched prior to that, but the seals were all fine, so I cleaned them out, lubed them up and replaced the exhaust plug as well. I don't expect to have to touch them for years.

mtn

The ejectors does not move freely. I am unable to move them with my fingers. They do move however when the block moves down on the bottle during crowning.

Do you think this is a misconfiguration?

Wouldn't the pressure required to move the ejectors have to be equal to the working pressure?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mtnmann View Post
                Those cylinders are very easy to rebuild/ inspect. If you suspect anything is wrong with them, just open them up, clean them out, re-lube them and you'll notice if there is anything amiss with the seals. When I first inspected mine from a 1999, they were working fine, but were filled with water and other gunk. I don't think they were ever touched prior to that, but the seals were all fine, so I cleaned them out, lubed them up and replaced the exhaust plug as well. I don't expect to have to touch them for years.

mtn
                Actually, I'm not sure if I think anything is wrong with them If the air-supply is connected I can't budge them with my fingers, but when it is disconnected they move just fine.

Is this normal? I would assume they are pressurized with the same pressure as anything else on the machine?

Comment

• That's normal.

mtn

Actually, I'm not sure if I think anything is wrong with them If the air-supply is connected I can't budge them with my fingers, but when it is disconnected they move just fine.

Is this normal? I would assume they are pressurized with the same pressure as anything else on the machine?

Comment

• We run a 2000, 6 head, I can see bubbles coming out of the top of a couple of the cylinders, I haven't messed with them because I fear I can further damage them, from what you saw Would you recommend opening them up, cleaning them, lubing etc ? I haven't found the replacement seals for those yet.

thanks

Originally posted by Mtnmann View Post
                    Those cylinders are very easy to rebuild/ inspect. If you suspect anything is wrong with them, just open them up, clean them out, re-lube them and you'll notice if there is anything amiss with the seals. When I first inspected mine from a 1999, they were working fine, but were filled with water and other gunk. I don't think they were ever touched prior to that, but the seals were all fine, so I cleaned them out, lubed them up and replaced the exhaust plug as well. I don't expect to have to touch them for years.

mtn

Comment

• Which cylinders are you talking about?

mtn

Originally posted by gbough View Post
                      We run a 2000, 6 head, I can see bubbles coming out of the top of a couple of the cylinders, I haven't messed with them because I fear I can further damage them, from what you saw Would you recommend opening them up, cleaning them, lubing etc ? I haven't found the replacement seals for those yet.

thanks

Comment

Which cylinders are you talking about?

mtn
                        Im talking about the 6 Ejector Cylinders

Comment

• I'm not sure about the model on your vintage of meheen, but I'd assume they are easily rebuildable. You should be able to find the seal kits online, if not, Meheen will have them for you. Mine weren't expensive, i'd suggest buying 6 of them before you break into your cylinders. You could only need to clean and lube them, but if you're in there and have any doubt, just swap out the seals. Air should not be bypassing your seals.

mtn

Originally posted by gbough View Post
                          Im talking about the 6 Ejector Cylinders

Comment

• Looking for Deltrol Quick Exhaust EV-25A2

Started a bottling run today and started to have some major capping and then short pour problems. Finally figured out I had an air leak and the quick exhaust for the capper cylinders was cracked and rotted on the internal diaphragm.

Does anyone know of an online source to purchase this item with quick shipping to the New Hampshire. I am going to call around tomorrow to the local industrial supply places but not sure how common this item is.... back to the manual line for now but need to get this back up and running.... its such a love hate relationship me and my Meheen have.

Comment

• If you need parts NOW, call meheen. They are a little more expensive, but almost guaranteed to have or can make/ acquire the exact parts you need.

mtn

Comment

If you need parts NOW, call meheen. They are a little more expensive, but almost guaranteed to have or can make/ acquire the exact parts you need.

mtn
                                Actually it was faster to drive to the a local company www.airinc.net. The people there were great. They not only had the part I was looking for but also recommended a rebuild kit instead of replacing the whole part. Repair cost $4.19! Meheen has been great supporting this older machine of mine. The engineering that was put into this machine to make it a work horse is very evident.

I have orders some parts from Meheen before and their part dept is also very helpful. The biggest issue for us is transit time.

Comment

Working...
                                X