X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the advice.

Originally posted by SecondLineBrew View Post
    Pablo,

In addition to the height of the crowning bar, you may also want to consider the impact of switching bottles on the fill height. I would suggest reaching out to the folks at Meheen with the specs for your bottles. They are generally very helpful and will work with you on a solution.

Also, in my opinion you may want to go with a Meheen that is of a more recent vintage then 2000. From first hand experience I can tell you that the Noshok transducers that were probably stock on this year are pretty horrible and the MAC valves used in the pneumatics are not the most robust. Plenty of affordable Meheens of recent vintage out on the market.

Cheers,

Mark

Comment

• Built it- Thanks for the idea.

I also saw a 35% reduction in TPO
      Cheers
      Joe

Comment

• Newer Fill Head main block replacement

Anyone out there with an older Meheen (pre 2015) replace there older fill head with the newer version with separate gas and off gas fittings on each fill tube?

If so did you notice any increased throughput or other benefits with the replacement (more even fills, better fills or better capping on foam)?

Thanks

JackK

Comment

• Hey Jack,
          I replaced our fill head not long ago. I had this conversation with Dave. He stated it was not really an option, as the older machines can not take full advantage and in some cases it may cause problems. Joel
          Joel Halbleib
          Partner / Zymurgist
          Hive and Barrel Meadery
          6302 Old La Grange Rd
          Crestwood, KY
          www.hiveandbarrel.com

Comment

• Originally posted by BrewinLou View Post
            Hey Jack,
            I replaced our fill head not long ago. I had this conversation with Dave. He stated it was not really an option, as the older machines can not take full advantage and in some cases it may cause problems. Joel
            Thanks Joel, Ours is a 2012 6 head.

Well then, another question. We recently switched bottles to one that has a more severe shoulder to neck transition and we are having a really hard time getting consistent acceptable fill levels. Any ideas on adjustments in the interface to make for better fills?

Thanks again

Comment

• Worth purchasing an old meheen?

I've gotten the opportunity to purchase an old Meheen(-95) for a decent price and is the only thing we can afford right now. Would you buy a Meheen that old? Has the technology of the machine come a long way since? Should I save some more cash for a newer one instead?

Cheers.

Comment

• Carb loss

We carb our beers to 2.6 vol and tested using the zahm 1000. recently we tested a bottle using a zham 6000. The test stated we were at 2.16 vol. could we have lost that much Carb during bottling? We keep brite head pressure at around 14psi. We are bottling using a new 6 head meheen. I guess I'm curious if it's possiable to really lose that much carb during bottling on the meheen and how much over my desired carb level should I be shooting for to compensate for packaging loss.
                Last edited by NatchezBrew; 08-05-2017, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Buy it if you're handy.

mtn

Originally posted by Davbus View Post
                  I've gotten the opportunity to purchase an old Meheen(-95) for a decent price and is the only thing we can afford right now. Would you buy a Meheen that old? Has the technology of the machine come a long way since? Should I save some more cash for a newer one instead?

Cheers.

Comment

• 4 head cap tray

Getting my '98 4 head ready to roll and am in need of a cap tray. Anyone have a good recommendation or should I just go through Meheen?

mtn

I found that a 1/4 sheet pan works great!

mtn
                    Last edited by Mtnmann; 09-06-2017, 03:29 PM. Reason: Resolved it myself.

Comment

• 1999 4-head manual

Anyone out there have a 1999 manual in pdf you could send me? Mine has gotten splashed enough over the years it's getting hard to decipher and I don't have a digital copy.

mtn

Comment

• PM me your email address and I can help you out.

Comment

• Bottle/cap locator

I need a bottle/cap locator for a 2000 6 head that is damaged, has anyone milled one for a replacement ?
                          Any advice ? Thanks

Comment

• Have you contacted Meheen? They have a whole machine shop and the specs to boot.

mtn

Comment

• 1997 Meheen 4 head setup for Heritage bottles

So I am trying to decide if I get rid of the pallet of long necks I purchased before the Meheen or the Heritage bottles that came with it.

I think I would like to convert the machine to long necks as I can source them locally. Has anyone taken on this task? I think the bottle height is an easy fix. The bottle are 1 3/8" taller than the Heritage bottles. I can either shim up the head assembly(capper and filler) or drop the deck down.

My only other issue is the diameter of the long necks is smaller. So there will be some difference in the spacing side to side. But.... this machine is pretty played out and I think it will center the bottles just fine....

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Comment

• Johnnyk
                                Johnnyk commented
                                Editing a comment
                                rhorton73 - do you still have the Meheen 4 head set up for heritage bottles?

• Appropriate pump for CIP of meheen 6 head filler

Hey guys,

Looking to see what you guys are using for CIP pumps for your meheens. We had been using a 325GPH submersible pond pump to CIP the machine. Somehow finding one quickly to replace this is becoming rather difficult. Just wondering what you guys are using, if there are alternative options I'm not familiar with, or if you have any other recommendations.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X