Any Good Food Recipes or Ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Good Food Recipes or Ideas?

Short and sweet: I am looking for some unique recipes that call for beer as an ingredient. Recipes and/or ideas would be outstanding.

Short and sweet:

Porter milkshake.

Vanilla ice cream and porter.

Mmmmmmm, good!

Cheers, Tim

Comment

Beer batter anything, ust use beer in place of called for liquid. Porter or Stout in Chili is good. Beer can chicken. Beer Batter pancakes/Waffles.
      Big Willey
      "You are what you is." FZ

Comment

Chocolate Cherry Stout battered & deep fried mars bars with a side of Cherry Garcia.

You heard it here first, and if you use it I expect beer in return.

On a serious note, the chef at the last place I worked would use a reduction of the first runnings (10 liters down to 500 ml.) for cheesecakes and anything that required a sweet touch (stirfry's and such). We chose a Porter for the cheesecakes, and an amber for other stuff. No hops, just a fresh "malt extract" of sorts.

Comment

Beer recipes

Slow cook a roast with a good porter or winter ale and slice it thin for french dips. A Imperial stout beef with Portabellas over pasta has been a hit. Had food at Diamond Knot the other week and they have it going on. Had a mahi mahi sandwich cooked on hot stones! Wife had the french dip you steam it with the beer you are drinking. We were very happy with lunch the beer was great, was bummed they were out of their IPA
          Kris

Comment

further to the discussion:

Cooking with beer, pairing beer and food, and learn to make beer a part of every full meal. Share beer recipes with others around the world.

Comment

Your Brewmaster and your Chef should know plenty of recipies.
              Perhaps you should ask them.
              If they don't know,....you have a much bigger problem.

Comment

beer and food pairing

Cascade Creme Brulee sounds good

Comment

Thanks for all of the good ideas- and just to respond to Mr Hops- yes, the brewmaster and the chef know plenty of recipes- And yes, I have asked them... I always think it is a good idea to ask others in the business- as you can always learn something new from others.

Comment

I am a big fan of my Beef Stout. Obviously a hearty beef stew with a stout beer as the base not beef stock. Yummy!

HH

Comment

Salmon poached in a Belgian white or other form of lightly colored ale etc.. Being a former Chef I could come up with hundreds more but that will cost you.

HH
                      Last edited by Homegrown Hops; 11-04-2005, 01:33 PM. Reason: adding text

Comment

Here is a spin on the porter float, nitro vanilla porter float! We made a nitro vanilla porter a few months back and the servers would make floats, very nice! Also, first runnings are great for using in the kitchen.
                        -Beaux

Comment

cooking a framboise down with mixed berries into a sweet sauce and pouring it over a cheese cake with dark and white chocolate shavings makes a great desert especially for valentines day =)

Comment

beer condiments

Try making the ingredients for simple dishes with beer. I like IPA cheese...good on all pub fare. Also stout glazed onions, Lager cream sauce, Bitter toasted crackers (makes good crumbled topping and croutons), and Witbier yoghurt dressing (witbier takes the place of buttermilk and gives an awesome zestiness).

Invent just a few of your standard condiments with beer, and every menu item can feature some type of beer cooked in....

When you have your menu set, let me know, so I can sample all your brewy fare!

DF

Comment

Guinness ice cream

Guinness ice cream

Makes 1 quart

1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
                              1 cup whole milk
                              1 cup heavy cream
                              2/3 cup Guinness stout
                              2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons molasses
                              4 egg yolks
                              1/3 cup sugar
                              1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
                              1. In a medium saucepan, scrape in the vanilla bean seeds. Add the pod, milk, and cream. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let the flavors infuse for 30 minutes.

2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, whisk together the stout and molasses. Bring to a boil and turn off heat.

3. In a large mixing bowl, whisk the yolks, sugar, and vanilla extract. Whisk in a few tablespoons of the hot cream mixture, then slowly whisk in another 1/4 cup of the cream. Add the remaining cream in a steady stream, whisking constantly. Pour the mixture back into the saucepan.

4. Stir the beer mixture into the cream mixture. Cook the custard over medium heat, stirring often with a wooden spoon, for 6 to 8 minutes or until the custard thickens enough to coat the back of the spoon.

5. Strain the mixture into a bowl and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Process the custard in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.

Comment

Working...
                              X