Grains of Paradise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grains of Paradise

Has anyone used or know where I can find suggested usage amounts for Grains of Paradise in commercially brewed beer? I am about to include this in a new recipe formulation and am in the dark as to what amounts to use. I am curious about what range of additions to use from taste/aroma threshold to the onset of undesirable taste levels.

Grains of paradise

I'm not sure if this could help, but the Belgian (Walloon) brewery of Dupont at Tourpes, has a very long history of using "Grains of Paradise" (as used in their 'Moinette' or 'Cervesia' beers). They have both somebody working on (historic) spice additions to beer, and a very good laboratory. Madame Allard, sister of head brewer Marc Rosier, used to be one of the main people in the workshops of the Belgian Brewers' association. Might be worth looking at their website and contact them.
    http://www.brasserie-dupont.com/index_nl.html [URL]
    This looks like the Dutch-language page to me, it would wonder me if they didn't have an English - a French for sure.
    JorisP.

Comment

What about Stephen Buhners book "Sacred and Herbal Healing Beers"? Pages 411-413 have some info on them.

Comment

Working...
      X