Brewery Management Software

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewery Management Software

All, we are evaluating at the usual suspects and are looking for advice on management software. Does anyone have any opinions on the following?

VicinityBrew is a scalable software system designed for brewers. With our brewing software, you can integrate all aspects of your business!

Powering nearly half of small- and medium-sized U.S. breweries, Ekos is the leading brewery software solution beer producers.

We are looking to do 1000 BBLS in year one, so we are small, but we dont want to buy something that will not grow with us. That said, we are also looking at costs and ability to integrate with things like quickbooks and our website (if needed). Looking forward to your feedback! If there is another thread out there on this, I would appreciate a link!

Thanks,
    Derek

Give Orchestrated Beer a miss. Way to big, way too comprehensive, way too much labor involved in keeping up with it. Way way WAY too expensive. Unless you're 50 000 bbls plus, and can dedicate one or two full-time positions to running it.

Comment

Orchestrated beer provides very detailed cost accounting functions. If all of your beers require the same inputs, process, time, energy etc. then this isn't necessary. If these vary by style, then OB would be useful, although you can do the same kinds of calculations by hand too, if you know how.

Comment

Thanks guys, what are you two using? How do you like it? @nateo @natrat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What did you decide?

We're looking at the same solutions - which one did you end up going with? We've spoken with OB, and they definitely seem expensive - seems like there's value, but hard to tell without actually using it in the wild.

Comment

Spend money elsewhere

At 1000 BBL a year I don't think you'll find the ROI on ANY of these software options to be worth it. At that volume you can easily track things with spreadsheets. I personally don't see a need for any of these until you start pushing 5,000 BBL or more (in my opinion). At 1,000 BBL I'm guessing you have a LOT of other things you could purchase that would benefit the bottom line much more than this...

That being said, if you have a sugar daddy funding the whole thing and money to burn, then sure, go for it. I have no recommendation though as I produce about 700 BBL right now with Quickbooks and spreadsheets and it's not very difficult to track anything I want..

Again, just $.02
            Scott LaFollette
            Fifty West Brewing Company
            Cincinnati, Ohio

Comment

Working...
            X