No announcement yet.

We'd like to hear your lessons learnt... Planning to set up a Stout 3BBL System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Dave. Thanks for the post. We will be using electric heating and according to my calcs we should be OK when it comes to rise times.

Thanks for the tips John... Pretty sure they will come in handy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

No stout specific advice, but for brewery setup, make sure your floor is properly pitched before you put any equipment in. Pooling away from drains sucks to deal with and once everything is set up, you are kinda stuck with the situation.

Comment

@ dantose
        That is the first thing we did... Ripped out the old floor and installed a sloped setup with serious floor drains

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Stout Gear

Any new words of wisdom from Stout 3-7BBL brewers out there? Would love to hear some more insight from experience and experimentation. Any major likes from the older style gear to the new?

Steve
          Washington

Comment

Originally posted by Wernerbrewer View Post
            Any new words of wisdom from Stout 3-7BBL brewers out there? Would love to hear some more insight from experience and experimentation. Any major likes from the older style gear to the new?

Steve
            Washington
            Put some exhaust insulation on the center out tube if you're using direct fire.

Comment

Originally posted by chapusin View Post
              Put some exhaust insulation on the center out tube if you're using direct fire.
              Our current designs for direct fire kettles do not have a center outlet pipe, so this isn't necessary any more. We slope to one side and the outlets are all external to the heated chamber area. There are 2 wort outlet ports (one includes a racking arm) and a lower cleanout port. We've also added additional heat shielding to better protect the direct fire burner components from the burner heat.

Electric kettles are a different design.

Comment

John - can you please describe how the design for the electric kettles differs? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X