cellar "competative wages"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cellar "competative wages"

I read the thread about how much a brewer should be making....what are the "competative wages" for a cellar person?

From previous breweries, cellar dwellers started at 10.00 per hour and this was with no experience. Another large brewery started cellarmen at 11.00 per hour. Be advised that this is regional and reflects a larger city. Also, it is all relative, here in WA state, our minimum wage is over 7 bucks per hour and rising again in Jan 2006 to high 7ish range (will be the highest in the nation). That being said, the brewers were only making a buck or two more per hour.

hope this helps somewhat...I am sure that there are cellarmen making min wage and some making decent wages, you also have to look at what they are responsible for and what your local labor market is doing.

-Beaux

Comment

thanks for the info

thanks, I'm just trying to figure out what the "average" is in the industry. Any info is good info.
      Actually it would be cellarwomen, if not cellerperson, or sometimes on a bad day cellarbi*ch.
      thanks again.

Comment

Hey neighbor and former co-worker. I found this posting, just looking around. It might be helpful. with your history and experience something on the high end of this scale is probably fair and realistic. If it were in Portland I'd send a resume myself! good to see you on this sight. lets tip a pint soon.RB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Deschutes Brewery, Bend, OR You know the drill--we are looking for the best of the best to give special attention to our beer from wort production to packaging. Strong math skills, ability to multi task, high degree of organizational skills and oh, yea--heavy lifting and rotating shifts. Previous cellar exp. required. $13.34 - $16.85 DOE Send your resume to careers@deschutesbrewery.com

Comment

Working...
        X