Cask pricing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cask pricing?

I'm working on starting to distribute cask ale in my area. Just curious of how others are pricing their firkins.

What does a firkin (10.8 gallon) run in your area?

If you don't sell it currently or know of anyone, what would be an estimate of what you would sell yours for?
    Cheers,
    Mike Roy
    Brewmaster
    Franklins Restaurant, Brewery & General Store
    5123 Baltimore Ave
    Hyattsville,MD 20781
    301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
    @franklinsbrwry
    facebook.com/franklinsbrewery

Come on people, 79 views and no one has any clue what breweries are selling 10.8 gallon firkins for? Help me out here please!
    Cheers,
    Mike Roy
    Brewmaster
    5123 Baltimore Ave
    Hyattsville,MD 20781
    301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
    @franklinsbrwry

Comment

Well, I can help out with some LESS useful info... maybe get the ball rolling.

First off, I have not yet put my beer into a firkin, nor do I have an equivalent keg size. What I have done though is to sell my regular unfiltered brew in a sanke keg, without primings, just like I sell to my regular draft accounts, for use on a hand engine. (And yes, I do tell them this is exactly what they're getting.)

In this market, wholesale prices are 95-112 for a half barrel, 43-55 for a sixtel... for the "regular line" of beers... not the bigger ones, which run another 10-20 more.

US Dollars, by the way.

Hope that helps some,
      Scott

Comment

Thanks for getting things started
        Cheers,
        Mike Roy
        Brewmaster
        5123 Baltimore Ave
        Hyattsville,MD 20781
        301-927-2740

Franklinsbrewery.com
        @franklinsbrwry

Comment

I've been thinking about getting into casks for some time now. My research (asking my wholesaler) seemed to say that whatever a 1/2 bbl was going for is what a 10.8gal firkin is going for in Central New York $90-$120

Comment

Hello all,

In Michigan we are required to sell through a wholesaler. I price my casks such that they sell to retail (mostly bar owners) at approx. $105-$110, depending upon the market. More or less. Give or take.

Cheers,
            Ron
            Jolly Pumpkin Artisan Ales

Comment

We normally price our firkins at the same price as our half barrel kegs.

Comment

We sell our firkins for the same price as our 50s and our pins for the same price as the sixtels.

Comment

Working...
                X