Sour kegs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sour kegs?

Do you guys segregate kegs used for sour beer so they cant be cleaned and filled with clean beer?

No. And I took a straw poll of other local breweries, almost nobody segregates their sour kegs.

What I do though, is put a green ziptie on the handle of the keg. That way when washing time comes we know it had a sour in it, even if the keg collar's gone. Then we just run it through the keg washer twice for good measure.
    Russell Everett
    Co-Founder / Head Brewer
    Bainbridge Island Brewing
    Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Originally posted by Bainbridge View Post
      No. And I took a straw poll of other local breweries, almost nobody segregates their sour kegs.

What I do though, is put a green ziptie on the handle of the keg. That way when washing time comes we know it had a sour in it, even if the keg collar's gone. Then we just run it through the keg washer twice for good measure.
      Second this. I also checked a few other breweries and found none that separated. However, almost all had a method for indicating the keg had sour in it so that it could get a double wash.

Comforting to know others have been doing the same.

Comment

There were others that ran them three times. One that filled them with water from the HLT and cooked them for a bit. But most, yeah, double wash and call it good.
        Russell Everett
        Co-Founder / Head Brewer
        Bainbridge Island Brewing
        Bainbridge Island, WA

Comment

Working...
        X