Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Czech pilsner hops

Hi guys,

I wanted recomendation of waht high alpha hop I should use for bittering in a Czech style Pils.
    Thanks,
    Ignacio

Ignacio,
    I would reccommend using Czech Saaz hops all the way through your pilsener, but if you want to use a different hop for bittering I would use Perle...it is not necessarily a high alpha hop, but a great bittering hop...

Cheers,
    Pete

Comment

hallertau northern brewer is also fine. usually around 9% alpha acid
      www.Lervig.no

Comment

Try Sterling. It's a Saaz/Hallertau cross at 6-9%aa. I'd second the vote for Saaz all the way through, but having done it, I found it a little one dimensional. The perle would work well if you wanted a snappy bitterness.

Dave

Comment

I don't know but have found that using Northern Brewer has nice results(6-9% usually) We use northern brewer almost exclusivly for our bittering hop.

Comment

My two cents: I agree with the northern brewer for bittering and then go the rest of the way with the saaz.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Since I need to import hops, I am looking for a high alpha content in the bittering. I´ll check with Yakima and decide between Perle, Sterling, and Hallertau N. Brewer according to AA content.
              Really good forum!
              Thanks again,
              Ignacio

Comment

For bittering try Horizon.

Comment

Working...
                X