Anton Parr DMA 35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great price point for anything from Anton Paar

Already thinking about inline hacking with the EasyDens. I'll ask Jay Skjovberg for one for Christmas.

-scott

Originally posted by GentlemanJim View Post
    Hi everyone, full disclosure: I work for Anton Paar. I see some comments about the price compared to the Mettler Toledo model. I have not really seen the MT Densito listed at a lower price than us. We sell directly and you can also go our webshop and buy it direct from the factory in Austria. The catalog houses and Amazon also sell both models. Mettler-Toledo and Kyoto (the company that makes the Mettler unit) are both fine, ethical companies, so I don't want to give the impression that I am bashing them.

For a low cost alternative to the DMA 35, we have introduced the EasyDens. It is not as handy as the DMA 35 since it has no hand pump. You have to inject the sample. Further we saved some money by making you supply the display: Your smart phone! It communicates directly to your Android or Apple device via Bluetooth. You can download the free app in Google Play or iTunes and run it on your phone or tablet in the simulation mode. The price is $477 (as of today. The price is subject to currency fluctuations).

As of the moment, the EasyDens is not on Amazon. There is an instrument with a similar name but it is used for interpreting Xray film.

The EasyDens was made with the home brewer in mind but we have seen some nano breweries order it. For cleaning any of our instruments, we recommend Tergazyme from Alconox, available from the catalog houses and Amazon. If you call Alconox they will send you a sample packet.
    “We’re your friends,” said my attorney. “We’re not like the others.” HS Thompson (1937-2005)

Comment

degassing?

Just curious if anyone has ever tried degassing their samples in the centrifuge? I use a vacuum flask and stir plate to degas my samples for hydrometer readings currently, but it takes about 250mL of sample and a few minutes for each sample. Would it make sense to think that centrifuging a 15mL sample would separate the CO2 enough to get a still 2mL sample for the DMA35?

Comment

Working...
      X