PerfectDraft Available in UK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PerfectDraft Available in UK

I've been scanning the net for months now to try and find a UK supplier for the PerfectDraft pump and kegs.

Finally found one, www.perfectdraft.org - wonderful, the beer is superb

Guys,

Anyone have experience with the Phillips Perfect Draft machine...I think this is a link that works: www.perfectdraft.com

Wondering if anyone has had a play or taken one apart or had a look at the kegs. One question that springs to mind...where does the CO2 come from? Is there enough CO2 in the 6 litre keg to have a consistant dispense and CO2 content?

Is this the future for the expresso machine owning type, or flash in the pan...

Cheers,
    Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
    Chairman of the Beer
    Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
    Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
    W: www.lovibonds.com
    F: LovibondsBrewery
    T: @Lovibonds

Comment

Very sexy....and very, very expensive. 200 Euro each for the refridgerated dispense box and i'd bet the same for the keg.

Remember the keggy? Built in CO2 cannister and all. They are perfect, and completly un cost effective.
      Larry Horwitz

Comment

Bier Maxx

Never seen the perfect draft system but this yoke is cheaper and fits the more commonly available 5l kegs

Slainte

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Larry Horwitz
          Very sexy....and very, very expensive. 200 Euro each for the refridgerated dispense box and i'd bet the same for the keg.

Remember the keggy? Built in CO2 cannister and all. They are perfect, and completly un cost effective.
          Thanks guys...yep expensive, though I think you can find for 140 Euro. Kegs look to be about 15 Euro plus deposit...

I don't remember the keggy....Un cost effective for who, the brewer or the customer?

Anyone understand the gas mechanism (in the Perfect Draft), as I don't understand how you could put enough gas in the keg to get a consistent pressure and dispense...am I missing something...could it be air - not likely with a 28 day life after opening?

Cheers,
          Jeff Rosenmeier (Rosie)
          Chairman of the Beer
          Lovibonds Brewery Ltd
          Henley-on-Thames, Englandshire
          W: www.lovibonds.com
          F: LovibondsBrewery
          T: @Lovibonds

Comment

HI,

I'm not sure what the perfect draft uses, but the keggy uses liquid CO2 (the brewery I used to be at used them). There were great for parties because they were 12.5L, so enough for a few mates. I would assume that the perfect draft uses liquid CO2 as well (but not sure really). We had a reasonable amount of complaints with the keggy system as (we speculate) that the liquid CO2 used to leak sometimes and customers would take the keg home for a party and only be able to dispense a portion of the keg, or none at all. I think the new keggy design is better.

I guess the good thing about the perfect draft is that it is a mini keg fridge in your kitchen. The kegs are expensive at 15EUR given that the cost for a crate (24x250mL) bottles of Stella or Jupiler here in Belgium is ~8EUR (so almost double the price for the same volume of beer). But I suppose having a nice little keg in the kitchen is a luxury of sorts.....

Cheers,

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie
              Guys,

Anyone have experience with the Phillips Perfect Draft machine...I think this is a link that works: www.perfectdraft.com

Wondering if anyone has had a play or taken one apart or had a look at the kegs. One question that springs to mind...where does the CO2 come from? Is there enough CO2 in the 6 litre keg to have a consistant dispense and CO2 content?

Cheers,
              Working in Germany (Marine Eng) machines for sale localy about E200 have bought two one for UK.
              There is an air compressor which I presume pumps normal compressed air inside the machine and nö CO2 in the beer keg and you can not tell any difference from CO2 dispence machines.
              I am told it is normal beer with no hidden mixture.
              The beer tast is good last 28days keeps at 3 c under normal room temperature and tells you the level (3620 model).
              They have been on sail here for three years im told.
              Price of Becks is about E18 (6 LTR) with E5 back on the keg but there is a choice of about six brands some cheaper.
              So looking for a local supplier in UK what is the best deal you have found in the UK??
              They are a good buy here and with the price of beer soon pay for them selves wonder how much you can bring back in the car the casks seem a lot of cash in UK.

Cheers,

Neil.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosie
                Guys,

Cheers,
                Working in Germany (Marine Eng) machines for sale localy about E200 have bought two one for UK.
                There is an air compressor which I presume pumps normal compressed air inside the machine and nö CO2 in the beer keg and you can not tell any difference from CO2 dispence machines.
                I am told it is normal beer with no hidden mixture.
                The beer tast is good last 28days keeps at 3 c under normal room temperature and tells you the level (3620 model).
                They have been on sail here for three years im told.
                Price of Becks is about E18 (6 LTR) with E5 back on the keg but there is a choice of about six brands some cheaper.
                So looking for a local supplier in UK what is the best deal you have found in the UK??
                They are a good buy here and with the price of beer soon pay for them selves wonder how much you can bring back in the car the casks seem a lot of cash in UK.

Cheers,

Neil.

Comment

Working...
                X